Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KMS and KOC on Citrix/Terminal Server
  •  
catoxpress

Send a private message to this user
Does anyone have KMS and KOC set up on a Citrix server? We have about 100 users that are split between 2 terminal servers and would like to use Kerio mail in the Citrix sessions. Each user has their own Outlook 2003 profile. However, I am reluctant to load the KOC on the server to set up these users for their mail.

Any advice or exper. with Citrix/Terminal server and Kerio?

[Updated on: Wed, 15 September 2004 01:21]

•  
kevindods

Hi

We are currently testing a 2003 terminal server configuration and have found a couple of problems with the connector that we are trying to solve.
1) It closes outlook periodically and always when trying to access a property page eg for Public folders permissions.
2) It seems that body text when attaching a file is also appended in a text file. (although 6.0.2 may have resolved this)

Obviously in this state we cant offer the system to users. If anyone else has suggestions or more feedback we would be most interested and grateful.

Thanks
Kevin
  •  
catoxpress

Thanks for the response. After doing some testing on our terminal server, we had the following:

1.) Attachments would not be there when the mail is delivered. It's in the sent items mail as attached but does not show up when the mail is delivered.

2.) Periodically, Outlook crashes when the user is closing the program. Microsoft send error comes up and displays "Outlook must close" to the user.

3.) Browsing folders that have large stores of email slows the server down to a crawl. Memory is eaten up to the max the system will allow.

We are running v6.0.1 and have not done the upgrade to 6.0.2
Do you think that POP3 would be a short term solution? This is not how we would like to set users up for our TS farm but I do not see how we can roll out 100 users with the KOC acting this way.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
  •  
kevindods

We are thinking of trying a simple IMAP client eg Thunderbird, but have had some mixed results in implementations in the past there too. I Prefer it to POP3 for synchronicity with web access but obviously its not Outlook and you lose the collaborative functions. I really dont want to go an OE route!

Reported this to Kerio support no response yet, they have been good in the past, here's hoping they're busy typing a response right now ;-)

I wish you could cache/offline Outlook in TS, I wonder if that would ease the large folder hit over TS?

I'll let you know as I find/hear things, reciprocation appreciated! :-)
Previous Topic: Archive compression
Next Topic: Mailing Lists - Way for Moderators to view members?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 06:17:23 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00459 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.