Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Entourage 2004 folder listing. Just "Junk Mail"?
  •  
st3phen

Send a private message to this user
So, having now waited through KMS 6.0, 6.0.1, and 6.0.2, Entourage 2004 is still unusable with KMS when it comes to email and "Exchange" connectivity.

What I mean is that if I set up an "Exchange" account in Entourage 2004, then click on the resulting folder in the folder list, the only folder that shows up is 'Junk Mail.'

No Inbox....

No Sent Items...

Nothing but "Junk Mail."

As I understand it, this was not a problem in Entourage X. My organisation uses 2004 exclusively, and I sold them on using KMS6 as a solution to our needs after seeing Kerio present at WWDC and hearing JD Mankovsky of Apple recommend this solution.

I can't keep telling my organization's officers, peers, and internal customers that calendar sharing is "coming soon" when they can't even use it for email via that access method.

Does anyone have any information/experience on this, and know of plans on the part of Kerio to resolve this? I can't imagine Microsoft is going to be in a big hurry to help an Exchange "competitor" work with their client app...
  •  
sonofcolin

Make sure that the http service is running.
I managed to get it to connect and download the folder lists and sync calendar and contacts (be patient if you have lots of messages and folders).

However - I lost a lot of messages from mail folders (they just 'disappeared') and the message dates were completely messed up. I had to use a backup to restore the lost messages. My advice would be to not use Ent 2004 as an exchange client with KMS 6. Stick with IMAP.

Entourage v.X does work
  •  
jimf

Quote:

I managed to get it to connect and download the folder lists and sync calendar and contacts (be patient if you have lots of messages and folders).

Are you referring to the users personal contact and calendar folders or to public folders shared by all? My Outlook users can access all public folders, but Entourage (v.X) users currently can not, which greatly diminishes KMS 6's usefulness as a groupware server in our case.

Jim
  •  
wangnv

I know for a fact that Entourage 2004 requires webdav to work properly with a regular Exchange server. If that webdav connection is blocked all you see is the empty "Junk Mail" folder. I think this has more to do with Entourage 2004 and less to do with Kerio.
  •  
sonofcolin

Quote:

Are you referring to the users personal contact and calendar folders or to public folders shared by all?

Only personal. Entourage 2004 has access to public message folders, but not calendars etc. This is how Entourage 2004 works with Exchange, so it isn't the fault of KMS. 2004 connects via webdav and doesn't have MAPI functionality to give it the full features of M$ Outlook.

Anyone tried using Evolution with KMS?
Previous Topic: Internal Mail As Spam
Next Topic: Cannot find INBOX/index.bad
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 08:45:44 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00412 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.