Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Signatures
  •  
TheMilkMen

Send a private message to this user
We are about to move a customer from their on premise Exchange 2010 to our hosted environment. There are a 152 mailboxes to so I am really hoping someone can help with the signatures.

When the customer asked us to automate their signatures on Exchange we naturally used Transport rules however that didn't work because the signature get's appended to the bottom of an email trail and not the current email. We have the same issue for other customers on Kerio Connect.

Our solution was to use Exclaimer as it somehow injects the signature into the current email and not the bottom of the trail.

Does anyone have any suggestions how we might achieve this in Kerio Connect?

Many thanks

´╗┐James

[Updated on: Sat, 23 January 2016 13:57]

•  
lodewijk

Kerio has like a "mini exclaimer" build in now days...

Try installing a Kerio Connect demo on a test machine, and play around with the Domains -> Primary Domain -> Footer
it can pull dynamic info from the users contact info too, like job title department etc...

It has it's limits and it might be completely lacking what you looking for compared to exclaimer, but it might just suit your needs perfectly!
  •  
TheMilkMen

We've looked at this functionality however the issue comes in that Exclaimer somehow appends the current email even though it might be part of a chain. With the Kerio functionality the signature can only be appended at the bottom of the email trail.

I appreciate the feedback though, I've posted this on the partner portal and spiceworks and it looks like if I want it to do what I want I am going to have to dig through the API's and see develop it.
  •  
lodewijk

themilkmen wrote on Mon, 25 January 2016 20:14

With the Kerio functionality the signature can only be appended at the bottom of the email trail..

That is unfortunately the big bug rendering this pretty useless in kerio indeed...
  •  
ksnyder (KERIO)

To be clear, the feature you're calling a bug is billed as a "domain footer" which is completely different from an end-user's PERSONAL signature block.

The most common (and best) place for a signature to be added is in the email client. This is one contributing factor as to why/how the traditional signature block gets added immediately after the message response. You can see this in the Kerio Connect Client when you compose a message. The signature is injected into the new message (or reply) with the cursor up above it so that your response immediately precedes the signature block.

The domain footer is a block of text that is injected by the server. It is not injected at some arbitrary place in the message...but at the absolute bottom (hence the name, "footer"). It is particularly useful for companies located in countries with specific legal requirements that affect email communication (Germany, UK, Ireland).

It is most common for corporate branding guidelines to influence the content and appearance of a personal signature block. Because it's done by the email client level, you can't turn it off. Where I'm going with this is that you can't prevent users from creating their own personal signature block. If the server were to inject one, you certainly run the risk of having duplicates right next to each other - or in the case of a domain footer, nearly identical blocks immediately after the current message body and at the FOOTER of the entire message. Not good.

Ken Snyder
Director, Sales Engineering | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
TheMilkMen

Agreed!

This is no more a bug that transport rules in Exchange are.

I also agree that it's better to do the signature on the email client and there are products that can do that on Outlook but most of our Kerio users are Mac based as you'd expect but also it's corporates who want standards maintained throughout the email.

I am investigating the options in terms of custom development because I don't want our customer to stay on Exchange if I can provide them Kerio Connect

[Updated on: Mon, 25 January 2016 22:02]

•  
skeates

I get this issue a lot when it comes to email. The best place as stated is to have the signature in the email client then it is below your message/reply and not appended to the bottom of the thread with the 20 other signatures.

The problem becomes updating and maintaining signatures as well as consistency across the board which is a nightmare. We started using a third party service to do this for us which injects the signature into the bottom of your email. The service has a number of prebuilt layouts tested to work across the majorly if not all email clients so you know what is sent out is what is displayed on the other end. The plus side is you can give the management credentials to marketing teams so they can then update signatures across the board from a portal when they need to change branding.You also get the added benefit of analytics to show what parts of your signatures are being clicked on if any

Of course your looking at a cost per user, but for someone that wants the ease of maintaining their email branding the additional cost per user can just be built into the per user hosting fee.
  •  
perennialdesign

l

[Updated on: Wed, 10 February 2016 17:20]

Previous Topic: List of connected mobile devices
Next Topic: Connect Migration
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Jan 24 18:25:37 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01375 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.