Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » shared calendars - outlook 2011 (mac)
  •  
barneyRubble

Send a private message to this user
g'day

i am using outlook 2011 on a mac

i have setup a number of shared calendars on a shared account on the server

in outlook i right-clicked on one of the shared calendars to "remove from view", to test it out

worked great

BUT, how did i get to see the calendar again, as i really need to have access to the calendar

thanks in advance

barneyRubble
  •  
Think Fixed

If it's a calendar shared from another user account, you need to use the File menu - Open - Other user's folder. Type the email address or name of the other user, select calendar from the drop down menu, and click OK.

Howie Isaacks
Systems Admin | Apple Solutions Consultant
Think Fixed LLC, Dallas and Fort Worth

www.thinkfixed.com
  •  
barneyRubble

thanks for the reply

i had tried that multiple times prior to posting... all to no avail (just tried it again.. same result)

is there another way to reset/clear cache/preferences/settings or whatever needs to be done to allow me to get these calendars back

huge thanks in advance

barneyRubble
  •  
Think Fixed

The best way to clear the cached contents of Outlook is to completely delete the account, and then set it up again. You can clear the cache for specific folders such as the calendar by right-clicking them, and selecting properties, and then clear the cache in the properties window.

Howie Isaacks

www.thinkfixed.com
  •  
barneyRubble

howie

thanks for the reply

the setup is as follows:
- shared account is hosting (3) calendars...i "removed from view" (2) of them.... the other is still showing

i have tried opening the shared account calendar folder... but can't seem to get the (2) calendars to show

i have tried from multiple machines connecting to the server... not just the one that i "removed from view"... so it would seem that it is necessarily the client side that is preventing the re-display... or am i missing something?

thanks again

barneyRubble
  •  
Think Fixed

Try unsharing the calendars from the account that owns them, and then sharing them again. Have you contacted Kerio support about this?

Howie Isaacks

www.thinkfixed.com
  •  
barneyRubble

howie

thanks for your ongoing replies

i have not contacted support yet

if i unshare the calendars... will everyone else that are subscribed have issues when i unshare and ten reshare... there are quite a few

thanks again

barneyRubble

[Updated on: Thu, 04 February 2016 22:16]

•  
Think Fixed

Is there a reason why you're sharing these calendars from a user account, instead of making them public calendars? This might be a lot easier if they were public calendars. When you un-share the calendars, they will be lost on everyone else's Outlook. These users will need to reconnect to them.

Howie Isaacks

www.thinkfixed.com
  •  
barneyRubble

huge thanks again for your reply

i have set this up as follows...

i created a user specifically for sharing their calendars etc

we need to have a shared general office calendar as well as a number of shared project specific calendars

i assume that the public folders option can handle such a scenario?

is there a way to do this that is different from the way that i have set it up

thanks again for all

barneyRubble
  •  
Think Fixed

barneyRubble wrote on Thu, 04 February 2016 15:25
huge thanks again for your reply

i have set this up as follows...

i created a user specifically for sharing their calendars etc

we need to have a shared general office calendar as well as a number of shared project specific calendars

i assume that the public folders option can handle such a scenario?

is there a way to do this that is different from the way that i have set it up

thanks again for all

barneyRubble

Public calendars are meant to do exactly what you're attempting to do. I never make a user account a host for "public" resources. Last year, I created this video for GetSync'd before they were acquired by Kerio. It shows how to share calendars on Outlook for Mac, Apple's Calendar app, and from Outlook on Windows. I think it will help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L56mUfixC1o

Howie Isaacks

www.thinkfixed.com
  •  
barneyRubble

howie
awesome stuff.... huge thanks again for all your help.. and the link

back to the drawing board on the calendar sharing... looks like the Public caledar(s) is the way to go

i assume i can just drag and deop between my current shared calendar to the public calendar without issue (incl repeating events, invites etc etc?)

HUGE HUGE HUGE thanks again for all

barneyRubble
  •  
barneyRubble

having some issues with removing a shared calendar, as follows:
- a user shared a calendar
- other users connected to that calendar via file>open>other user's folder

since then, the shared calendar is no longer being shared

however

i cannot seem to remove the reference to the shared calendar in outlook, when i option-click on the calendar, "remove from view" is not showing up at all, like it does with other shared calendars

is there any way to remove this calendar from the list of shared calendars

any help hugely appreciated

barneyRubble

[Updated on: Fri, 26 February 2016 12:13]

•  
Think Fixed

You're reminding me of another reason why I absolutely HATE Outlook 2011. That being said, this sounds like a caching issue. You mentioned using "option-click". Have you used control-click? That's the way you get the contextual menu on a Mac, or just use the right-click function on a mouse. Is Properties and available option in the menu? If so, click that, and use Empty Cache in the General tab. If that does not help, try removing the user's account, close Outlook, and then re-open it. Setup the account again.

Howie Isaacks

www.thinkfixed.com
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

I tested your scenario and the shared folder disappeared automatically after Outlook restart.

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
barneyRubble

thanks for the replies

apologies, i meant control-click not option-click

so having the same issues, i have tried emptying cache etc... no go

next step is to delete the user's account and set it up again

seems like a lot of work for something that should be so easy to sort out

thanks again

barneyRubble
Previous Topic: Kerio Connect Windows Server Firewall Settings
Next Topic: Kerio Connect webmail slow after upgrade to 9.0x
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Mar 24 07:10:24 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01122 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.