Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Upgrade Kerio Connect 7.3.1 x86 to latest version
  •  
innersilence

Send a private message to this user
Hello, I want to upgrade to the latest version. Server's OS is Win2008R2 x64. I read the topic for migrating but I am not sure about the steps. Can you please answer to me to the questions:

1. Can I upgrade directly to the latest version ? (9.0.1)
2. is it better to upgrade to latest 8 and then to latest 9?
3. Otherwise what are the steps for the proper migration?

regards
  •  
Bud Durland

Send a private message to this user
If I recall correctly, there was some type of file structure upgrade from v7 -> v8. It happens automatically and painlessly the first time the server is started. However, because you are moving to a 64-bit capable version of Kerio, I think it would be best to backup the config files, un-install the current version, and install the new one (V9). Shutdown the service, put the backup copies of the config files in place, and restart.

Installing V9 over V7 would probably work just fine -- Kerio is pretty good about that kind of thing -- but I'm a cautions kind of guy.

For the very cautions, you could run a backup from the admin console of the old system, uninstall & delete everything, install the new version, then restore the backup. Overkill, IMHO.
Previous Topic: Parse error in Caller-ID record for domain
Next Topic: Kerio group email
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Mar 31 02:33:29 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00815 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.