Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » BLF-Lamp no blinking for second incomming call
  •  
link611

Send a private message to this user
Hi there,

is there an option to deactivate the blinking of a BLF for a second incomming call on a snom 725, without deactivating the call waiting indication function?

I explain:

Extension 10 is on a call. (BLF is on).
now a call comes to a ringing group, where extension 10 is also ringing. (BLF is blinking, because of call waiting indication)

Now the other users don't know, if extension 10 is on a call or not.

The phone support says that it is an function on the PBX.

greetings
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

I do not know if I understand you well.

So you want to disable blinking BLF for extension 10 on phones other than 10 and keep the indication of the 2nd incoming call on extension 10?

I'd say you would loose the ability to do call pickup on the other phones.
  •  
link611

Vladimir Toncar (Kerio) wrote on Wed, 10 February 2016 10:00
I do not know if I understand you well.

So you want to disable blinking BLF for extension 10 on phones other than 10 and keep the indication of the 2nd incoming call on extension 10?

I'd say you would loose the ability to do call pickup on the other phones.

Right, i want to disable blinking BLF for extesion 10 on other phones than 10. If 10 is already on a call and gets a second call (for example through a ringing group)

10 is idle
call comes to 10 - BLF blinking
10 is on a call - BLF is on
call comes to 10 (call waiting indication) - BLF should be still on (but is blinking)

If i loose in this condition the call pickup function it would be no problem.
(i only need the call pickup function, when 10 is idle)

[Updated on: Wed, 10 February 2016 10:26]

•  
ICT and Me

Vladimir,

I think I understand him. When a extension is in call it turns on my phones in Red LED. But when there is second call coming in a group. the extension that has a call turns back to green blinking instead keep Red.
I think this is more a matter of configuration that the extension is one call at the time only.

So extension is only allowed one call. And that must be done in the phone it self or by provisioning.

[Updated on: Wed, 10 February 2016 11:12]

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
link611

so, i try to reexplain this:

2 Snom 725 (ext 17 and 27) are in the same ringing group (ext. 900)

both have the following configuration:

led_on!: ON BUSY IN_A_CALL CALLING IN_A_MEETING URGENT_INTERRUPTIONS_ONLY DND UNAVAILABLE ACTIVE INACTIVE BE_RIGHT_BACK AWAY SEIZED CONNECTED ON_HOLD OFFHOOK RINGBACK I-Am-Ready AVAILABLE I-Am-Busy PhoneHasCall PhoneHasMissedCalls CurrentIdentityHasVoiceMessages PhoneHasVoiceMessages

led_green!: RINGING

led_blink_fast!: RINGING PICKUP PhoneHasCallInStateRinging

if one or both of the extensions are ringing, the blf led is blinking green.
if one or both of the extension are in a call, the blf led is red.

so far so good,

But if, for example, extension 17 is in a call and another call comes over the ringing group (900) the blf color changes from red to green blinking, but it should be still red.

it seems, that the ringing state overwrites the in a call state.

it would be no problem, if the led is going off in this case, but not blinking, because extension 27 does not know if extension 17 is in a call.

snom support does say:

Quote:
In the pcap trace I can see the following NOTIFY regarding the BLF monitoring the extension 17:

# 336: the monitored extension has a dialog with state = Confirmed, means an active call: the LED is ON
# 715: the dialog of the previous packet is now in state = Early, means a not established state: the LED is Blinking
# 784: the same dialog is now in state = Confirmed, so here I expect a LED ON

This is what the PBX is "telling" to the phone about the status of the monitored extension.
So the phone in this case is just "executing" the PBX instructions..
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

You are right, the standard behaviour is that the indication of "ringing" has the higher priority. It's a "more interesting" information - you know call pickup might be needed.

[Updated on: Fri, 13 May 2016 09:17]

•  
link611

isn't there a way to set the priority of "connected" higher than "ringing"

maybe in the asterisk system?
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

These priorities are not configurable, they are hard-coded in Asterisk. So a custom configuration is not a solution in this case.
Previous Topic: Bug? - call Queue - ring all agents
Next Topic: Receive faxes silently (or with different ring tone)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 02:19:40 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00545 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.