Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » proxy - Whitelist URL for guest
  •  
b303153

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I have Kerio setup as non-transparent proxy. It has only single IP address on network. Users computers are set to use this proxy via Internet Explorer configuration. Computers are able to reach websites when user puts username and password that is prompted. I.e. www.google.com or so. But I want to create an exception for some public websites so that users are not prompted for username/password when going to this websites. I have
Is that possible?
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

You need to configure your Content Filter - see http://forums.kerio.com/t/23462// or http://kb.kerio.com/1513

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
b303153

Hi,

Thank you for reply Smile I went through links you send me, but with no success.

I have proxy and also content filter configured. What I want to achieve is that user is authorized per web browser. I.e. if I close browser or open other browser he has to add credentials. But for webpage like kerio.com he does not need to login. I am not able to achieve this

I did this from factory default config:

* removed interface from virtual machine. Configured IP address, DNS and GW on interface Ethernet. Removed Ethernet2 interface configuration also in web management

* configured proxy on kerio
** "Enable non-transparent proxy server"
** Allow tunneled connections to all TCP
* In content filter I added last rule deny all before rule "Allow other traffic" to disable all other websites. I want only to allow kerio.com and samepage.io for all. Later I will allow other pages for authenticated users
* In content filter I let first rule "Kerio sites" untouched
* Enabled "Domains and User Login -> Force non-transparent proxy server authentication"

* configured win7 client with static IP in same IP network. configured ip, dns, gw and proxy manually

* i didnt changed traffic rules

I attached configuration, version 9.0. Admin Password is Juniper1

[Updated on: Wed, 24 February 2016 18:40] by Moderator

•  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

You really should not post configuration backup to public forum as it contains usernames and passwords.
I removed it from your post.

Default Content Filter rule named Kerio sites allows selected URL without authentication (it has Do not require authentication enabled).
You can just duplicate this rule to create your own.

I'd suggest to contact our technical support, they can help you with configuration.

[Updated on: Wed, 24 February 2016 18:47]

Petr Dobry
  •  
b303153

Hi,
this was just a factory default configuration with some changes.
I tried to duplicate content filter rule. Even default content filter rule is not working for me.
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

Then enable content filtering and user auth in debug log. You'll see what's going on.

Petr Dobry
Previous Topic: Control registration
Next Topic: how to validate access to several stores for just a kerio
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Aug 21 10:11:12 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00461 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.