Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Delete Old Reoccurring Calendars (8.4.3)
  •  
vedder9

Send a private message to this user
I'll try to keep this brief. A client was using Workamajig for project management. One of the features they used heavily was the Calendar. When we made the switch to Kerio, we foolishly thought it would be great to preserve their calendars by pulling down via Apple Calendar, exporting that file, and then importing that .ics file to their Kerio accounts. It has proven to be a very poor decision. Calendar events were sometimes tied to other users in the system, sometimes not. Sometimes it looked like it was working, but really wasn't, and events had to be recreated, effectively creating two events for the same thing, but one being bogus (not actually tied to resources like they claimed or with actual attendees). If I could turn back time and never try importing those calendars I would do it in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, I do not have a degree in time travel, so my knowledge on the subject it just too limited to try it.

Because a lot of the events that were imported into individual user's calendars were set to repeat weekly or monthly, we have all sorts of "bad" events that need to be removed. Additionally, some of the 'original' events were removed, but the reoccurring events were not. We can continue to delete the events each time they come up, but it sure would be great if we could just go in and delete things in one fell swoop and kill off any reoccurring events that are bogus or incorrect.

The problem is bad enough that I'm tempted to completely blow out everyone's calendars and just start over. However, since there isn't any way to preserve their current calendars without keeping the bogus content, that likely won't happen.

I know it sounds like I'm asking for some sort of black magic to fix this, and I'm fully aware that such a solution likely doesn't exist, but i've got hundreds of events spanning from now to infinity that need to be removed, and doing that manually will just never happen.

Any thoughts?
Previous Topic: Can not reach Kerio Connect SMTP from the internet
Next Topic: Connect 8.4.0 and Office 2010
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue May 23 18:52:12 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02095 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.