Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » No access to public folders in Outlook 2016 for Mac
  •  
acq@ghi-dc.org

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

People using Outlook 2016 on a Mac can no longer update Public Folders. Subscribing is also no longer possible. Public Folders won't even show in the Public Folders browser. Everything works fine on other clients (Mac Calendar, Thunderbird, KOFF).

Has anybody experienced this? Does anybody have any ideas what could be done?

I am not quite sure when this happened but it seems like it could have something to do with the most recent update for Office 2016. Unfortunately I cannot not go back to proof it.

Thanks.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Yes, this is caused by recent Office for Mac update. It broke compatibility with public folders on Exchange 2010 servers.
We work on a fix for this.

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Technical support: http://www.kerio.com/support
------------------
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
Think Fixed

The only solution to this right now is to revert the users back to an earlier version of Office 2016. Since I had an installer that I downloaded before the latest update, I was able to do that. This is definitely NOT Kerio's fault, and it's not unusual for Microsoft to break their own software. This problem is also happening with Outlook 2016 on Windows when used with Exchange.

Howie Isaacks
Systems Admin | Apple Solutions Consultant
Think Fixed LLC, Dallas and Fort Worth

www.thinkfixed.com
  •  
acq@ghi-dc.org

I can now also confirm that update 15.19.1 is at fault. Looks like I will have to revert some of my users to an earlier built.

Thanks for your replies.

[Updated on: Mon, 29 February 2016 03:30]

•  
Think Fixed

Kerio-blue wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 20:29
I can now also confirm that update 15.19.1 is at fault. Looks like I will have to revert some of my users to an earlier built.

Thanks for your replies.

You could also save yourself all that work, and just ask them to use the Kerio Connect Client. It has the same functionality that Outlook has. One thing that I noticed is that if someone already has the public folders mapped, they don't go away after the update. You just can't access more public folders, or get them back if you disconnect from them.

Howie Isaacks

www.thinkfixed.com
  •  
My IT Indy

Think Fixed wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 13:48
The only solution to this right now is to revert the users back to an earlier version of Office 2016. Since I had an installer that I downloaded before the latest update, I was able to do that. This is definitely NOT Kerio's fault, and it's not unusual for Microsoft to break their own software. This problem is also happening with Outlook 2016 on Windows when used with Exchange.

Microsoft didn't "break" Outlook, they have designed Outlook to work with Office365. It does that. That's just how Google operates with Chrome. It's designed to work with Gmail.

It's Kerio that unfortunately has to run around making changes to accommodate these 3rd party applications.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

Yes, Microsoft broke Outlook. It works with Office 365, but it doesn't work with Exchange 2010 (Connect implements EWS support on the same level as Exchange 2010).

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
  •  
Think Fixed

My IT Indy wrote on Thu, 03 March 2016 09:29
Think Fixed wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 13:48

Microsoft didn't "break" Outlook, they have designed Outlook to work with Office365. It does that. That's just how Google operates with Chrome. It's designed to work with Gmail.

It's Kerio that unfortunately has to run around making changes to accommodate these 3rd party applications.

Since I know a lot of IT pros who are also dealing with this, I can confirm that this update also broke Outlook's functionality with Exchange. So what about Office 365? Yeah I know it's Exchange too, but that doesn't matter in this case since Outlook is STILL broken.

Howie Isaacks

www.thinkfixed.com
  •  
I32

Hi,
I understand correctly that it is an OL 2016 Problem.
  •  
Axel R.

when is this big issue going to be fixed? The whole company is working with public folders in Outlook 2016 (Mac)

[Updated on: Tue, 12 April 2016 11:57]

•  
Carsten Maas (Kerio)

Though it seems, that this issue, at least with my account, seemed to be fixed with the latest update of Outlook 2016 for Mac (15.21)

We address this issue additionally with our next service release, which you can expect on the coming Thursday (14.4.2016) during the day.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 April 2016 12:16]

Carsten Maas
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer
Kerio Technologies

Kerio Deutschland youtube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/KerioDeutschland
  •  
Think Fixed

Axel R. wrote on Tue, 12 April 2016 04:57
when is this big issue going to be fixed? The whole company is working with public folders in Outlook 2016 (Mac)

This is not a Kerio problem. It's an Outlook problem. If you open the Microsoft auto updater, you can get the latest version of Outlook by clicking the option to join the Office insider program to get early access to new releases. I have turned on this option for several of my customers, and they were able to get a new version of Outlook that can access public folders. As far as I've seen, there are no issues with the new version of the Office apps.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 April 2016 12:10]

Howie Isaacks

www.thinkfixed.com
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

Just to make it clear: yes, the problem is caused by Outlook, but we are used to fix Microsoft bugs Wink The fix will be released in upcoming Connect version 9.0.3.
I don't recommend to use Outlook betas in production environment, there can be new issues (e.g. there was problem with autodiscover service in latest beta). The pure fact that Microsoft doesn't support even officially released versions speaks for itself.

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
  •  
Axel R.

thanks, the option "Office insider program" worked well and the issue is solved
Think Fixed

Pavel Špalek (Kerio) wrote on Tue, 12 April 2016 06:22
Just to make it clear: yes, the problem is caused by Outlook, but we are used to fix Microsoft bugs Wink The fix will be released in upcoming Connect version 9.0.3.
I don't recommend to use Outlook betas in production environment, there can be new issues (e.g. there was problem with autodiscover service in latest beta). The pure fact that Microsoft doesn't support even officially released versions speaks for itself.

I agree with you on Outlook betas, but for customers who must have public folders, this is the one exception to that rule. I have not seen any problems with the latest Outlook 2016 for Mac, and Kerio Connect.

Howie Isaacks

www.thinkfixed.com
Previous Topic: Any chance Kerio Connect could use a cloud LDAP directory
Next Topic: Notification of new mail on xmpp
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Feb 24 11:43:01 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05929 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.