Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Migration Assistant to New Server (Migration Assistant to New Server)
  •  
younker

Send a private message to this user
I purchased a new Mac Mini server and used Migration Assistant to copy my files. I went from running OS X server 10.6.x to 10.11.x El Cap. I then upgraded to the latest version of Connect for OS X. Everything seemed to be fine within the Kerio Admin control panel, but when I go to my mail server address I get the OS X Server welcome page. Not sure why this is happening. Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

You need to disable all HTTP and HTTPS services on your OS X server if you want to use same TCP ports in Kerio Connect.
  •  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

Brian Carmichael
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
Think Fixed

Migration assistant is not a good idea for Mac servers, and moving up from 10.6 all the way to 10.11 has resulted in major issues for my customers who have done it. I have found that if you're going to run Kerio Connect from a Mac, it's best to setup the server to run Kerio Connect and nothing else. You can make it an Open Directory server, but I don't recommend having the server also do file sharing, or any other function. You should have a separate server for file sharing.

Howie Isaacks
Systems Admin | Apple Solutions Consultant
Think Fixed LLC, Dallas and Fort Worth

www.thinkfixed.com
Previous Topic: Delayed error 4.3.0 user mailbox busy & performance issues since 9.0.2 update
Next Topic: Strange request: Download/distribute mails only during fixed timeframe for one domain
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Apr 24 03:28:29 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01077 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.