Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Connect Outlook Synchronization Stops suddenly
  •  
Preexo

Send a private message to this user
Some of my colleagues start having trouble with their outlook quite frequently. The Kerio Outlook Connect sometimes just doesn't synchronize properly. Even rebooting the computer doesn't help, once it's out of sync, it stays out of sync. Usually only removing the email account from the outlook and adding it again helps to resolve the issue.

Please advise, it feels like something is wrong in general, if it happens for so many users at the same time.
  •  
Pavel Dostal (Kerio)

According to your description it is probably a bug in Kerio Outlook Connector. I recommend to ask Kerio Tech Support for help.

Pavel Dostal
Kerio Technologies
  •  
Preexo

Thanks for your reply, so that means not only we have trouble, but all kerio users?

I just had it myself as well. To resolve it I had to end two processes manually:
KoffBackend.exe
ktupdaterservice.exe

and had to close outlook of course. Then start outlook again and synchronization works.

How do I get in contact with Kerio Tech Support?
Thanks for any help.
  •  
Preexo

I just tried to submit a support request... after two times filling everything in and every time it resets and starts from step one... I am not sure I have come across any worse support system than this, I am frustrated and annoyed simultaneously.

How can I submit a support request successfully?

edit: tried different browsers, switching off add blocker, it doesn't work...

[Updated on: Wed, 02 March 2016 04:07]

•  
Pavel Stepanek (Kerio)

Could you contact us over the phone please, or send me PM with your email address please and I will create ticket for you.

I have tested the support form and it works for me correctly. At the end of the wizard it gives you the ticket ID (eg. THS-452645) and then the wizard starts again. If you have received similar number, PM it to me please as well so we can close duplicate tickets or use the ticket instead.
  •  
scottwilkins

I see this, though rarely. Seems the connector hangs in the background. Happening more lately, might be due to recent office updates (we use 2010, 2013, and 2016 versions) which have been reported as having a LOT of issues. MS is recommending un-installing the Feb updates for Office until fixes are available.
  •  
scottwilkins

Here's how to uninstall the Office 2016 updates:

Method 2: Revert to an earlier version of Office 2016

1. In Outlook, on the File tab, and then click Office Account.
2. Click Update Options, and then click Disable Updates.

Note Set a reminder on your Outlook calendar to enable updates on April 1, by clicking Enable Updates under Update Options.
3. Open a command prompt. To do this, use one of the following procedures, as appropriate for your version of Windows.
o Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 8: Press Windows Key + R to open a Run dialog box. Type cmd.exe and then press OK.
o Windows 7: Click Start, type cmd.exe in the search box, and then press Enter.

4. Enter the following command, and then press Enter.

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft shared\ClickToRun\officec2rclient.exe" /update user updatetoversion=16.0.6366.2068

Note You can replace the version number in the command if you prefer to revert to a different earlier build, such as shown in the following example.

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft shared\ClickToRun\officec2rclient.exe" /update user updatetoversion=16.0.6366.2062

For more information about the version numbers of update branches for Office 365 clients, go to the following TechNet article.

Version numbers of update branches for Office 365 clients

5. After the update is downloaded, if any Office applications are open, you are prompted that they need to close. Save your work and click Continue to close the applications.
6. When the update is finished applying, start Outlook again.
  •  
Preexo

Pavel Stepanek (Kerio) wrote on Wed, 02 March 2016 09:31
Could you contact us over the phone please, or send me PM with your email address please and I will create ticket for you.

I have tested the support form and it works for me correctly. At the end of the wizard it gives you the ticket ID (eg. THS-452645) and then the wizard starts again. If you have received similar number, PM it to me please as well so we can close duplicate tickets or use the ticket instead.

I contacted your support through the contact form and I have a ticket by now, your support is in contact with me. Thanks for the help. I can only report that on a chrome and on opera the creation of a ticket didn't work for me. Not sure if that might be caused by my environment or any settings in the browser, but I usually don't have trouble with anything else. I can only recommend making the support interface as robust as possible. To a customer there is probably nothing more frustrating than having the product-bug/problem experience first then reaching out for help and unable to send the message.

scottwilkins wrote on Wed, 02 March 2016 17:28
I see this, though rarely. Seems the connector hangs in the background. Happening more lately, might be due to recent office updates (we use 2010, 2013, and 2016 versions) which have been reported as having a LOT of issues. MS is recommending un-installing the Feb updates for Office until fixes are available.

Yeah we have a lot of trouble with office lately too. Since like 2 months it's really screwed up. We even have less trouble with the old versions like 2007 than with the very new ones like 2016. We are using all versions as well, 2007 2010 and 2016.

I will look into your downgrade idea, but I would actually prefer if this could be resolved without fiddling around manually too much. My colleagues are travelling all the time and I can't send them such instructions, they might screw up more than it helps. Microsoft and Kerio just have to repair as soon as possible.

The kerio webclient is a great tool and is being used a lot in the meantime, but it can't replace the outlook yet, just a few features are missing for this.
Previous Topic: Server Side rules - where are they stored
Next Topic: syslog of the Audit log
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Feb 26 17:47:43 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02120 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.