Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Kerio VPN port change (I need to change VPN client communication port (4090))
  •  
Tihce

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
we are using Kerio Control VPN server\client for remote communication with internal infrastructure from client company premises. Unfortunately due to client infrastructure regulative default port 4090 port can't be used.
I've checked the documentation, Kerio Control Administrator's Guide, Configuring Kerio VPN server (page 59) says : "The port 4090 (both TCP and UDP protocols are used) is set as default.
Do not switch to another port without a proper reason.
"
There is another older post but the provided solution doesnt work."Yes, that can be done. On the VPN server TAB- Advanced you can change the portnumber. On the client you must give the following at server : [DNS name or IP]:[portnumber]"
I've tested it with multiple ports.

Any ideas or I have missed something?

Your help is appreciated!
  •  
dmeadows

Send a private message to this user
Hi Tihce,

You can change the server port of Kerio VPN in the Kerio Control web interface using the following navigation:

Configuration > Interfaces > IPsec and Kerio VPN Interfaces > VPN Server > Kerio VPN

Here in the Kerio VPN tab you can change the field labelled "Listen on port:" to your desired port.

You must also update the port in the service definition of Kerio VPN to reflect this port change:

Configuration > Definitions > Services > Kerio VPN > Edit...

If you have previously manually specified port 4090 in a traffic rule you must also change this in:

Configuration > Traffic Rules > Service/Port

All the best,

Derek.

Previous Topic: How to limit user concurrent session ?
Next Topic: UDP Browsing (QUIC)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Feb 24 18:05:39 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00912 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.