Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Full Text Index Archive Folders - going on a week? (I full text indexed our archive folders last week Friday, and today it is still running)
  •  
Trent Greenawalt

Send a private message to this user
Is there a place to see progress, so I know it isn't locked up? In the admin is simply says one user is still being indexed. If I look in the full text folder, the index is growing every few seconds, but it seems there is no end in sight.

We are desperately looking for a particular email in a legal matter, and we can't even search the folder archives while this process runs.

The archive folders are very large obviously so I anticipated a day or two on our SAN to run, but a week? There are about 3 years of archives, so 36 folders give or take, 65 users.

Thoughts?

Thanks for the help,
Trent Greenawalt

-I built a house out of my to-do list, I now have the biggest house in the country. Awesome!
Trent Greenawalt
  •  
Trent Greenawalt

It finally finished, took over a week. Hopefully it works now to find the email we are after. Any idea on how to search multiple archive folders at once like the old Kerio did? At this point I am only seeing one folder at a time. You used to be able to search multiple folders with check boxes.

-I built a house out of my to-do list, I now have the biggest house in the country. Awesome!
Trent Greenawalt
  •  
Trent Greenawalt

So I had to remove a year of archives due to running out of space. I removed 12 months, and a few days later the full text index decided to rebuild itself. So it is/has been running for days again. There is still no indication on amount of time remaining, where it is, or anything? What if it runs the server out of space.

Kerio please help, once this completes it is a great tool, aside from not being able to search multiple folders, it is lightning fast. However the process of indexing is terribly slow. As you see above, it took almost a week last time. Much too long to not be able to search for emails.

Trent Greenawalt
Previous Topic: Anti spam
Next Topic: Quick solution for recalling/removing an email was sent to everyone
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Dec 05 09:25:38 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01123 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.