Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Number Divert
  •  
skeates

Send a private message to this user
Wonder if anybody had an idea how to achieve the following.

I have an install of operator with multiple departments each department number rings a call group with the relevant people in it. After x amount of time the call falls back to a voicemail box for that department.

There are two receptionists and each one is part of each of the department ring groups. On occasions there may not be anyone in the office so all departments are empty except for the two receptionists and sometimes it is the case where both receptionist need to leave the office leaving it empty. So what they would like to do is to divert the incoming number to a mobile phone. Each receptionist is the primary contact for different departments so receptionist 1 would want to divert incoming number for department 1 to her mobile and receptionist 2 would want to divert incoming number for department 2 and 3 to her number.

Because the numbers are tied to ring groups I'm not 100% on how to do this. The ideal solution would be a PBX service where you could dial a prefix say 23 then [number to divert] then [number to divert to], but don't see a way to do this.

The only option I can think of is to set a daylight mode that they can dial which will cause the number to divert, but this means I have to pre-program the number to divert to and if this were to change at some point or on a regular basis then it kind of defeats the purpose.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  •  
ksnyder

Any reason for not wanting the receptionists to use the Kerio Operator Softphone app? http://kb.kerio.com/1320

With the app, they could log in as a dynamic agent when they're out of the office. http://kb.kerio.com/826

Ken Snyder
  •  
skeates

Might be silly, but it's defiantly to complicated for one of the receptionists at least. As well as that the operator app works fine I find to make calls, but answering calls not as nice as it should be it's always a panic to unlock the phone then launch the app then answer the call before it cuts off (on ios at least).

What I did in the end was to enable day/night mode with some auto attend scripts and time conditions. It ended up only being one number that needed diverting for each receptionist.

I set night mode to hit an auto attend script and if it was during office hours the call would divert to the pre-specified mobile number if it is out of hours it will divert to the office voicemail box. That way the receptions can hit night mode leave the office and have calls forward to them during the office hours and if they don't come back to the office for the day the calls will stop diverting after working hours
Previous Topic: Connect Alcatel PBX with Kerio Operator
Next Topic: Citrix XenServer 6
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Aug 20 00:18:16 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00357 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.