Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Cisco 7906G
  •  
ESP Projects

Send a private message to this user
Has anyone had any luck getting the Cisco 7906/7911 phones to auto provision? I'm unable to get the phone to appear in the list of autoprovisioned phones, and on the screen of the phone it shows me the IP Address and Mac address of the phone and a message saying "Updating..." but then will change to a cisco logo and then after a while reboot.

I'm unable to download previous versions of the firmware, but the latest version (9.4) is showing as supported on Kerio operator.

Any suggestions?
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

these models are not supported by the Operator's provisioning system. Please see <http://www.kerio.com/support/kerio-operator> for a list of supported phones.

You may, however, upload your own provisioning files to /var/tftp and thus configure the phone.

Filip
  •  
ESP Projects

Was this taken out of the list of provisioned phones in a recent update? I was looking at the list (when you click "Add" on the provisioned phones page) last week and it was showing the cisco 7906 phone as on option, not it isn't. I even have in my config logs that I had uploaded a firmware file to the 7906 phone...

Are there any plans to officially support these phones? We have a client with over 100 of these phones and they can't afford to replace them all in one go.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

7906 and similar models need a binary configuration file that is 'compiled' by Cisco's proprietary tool. There are no plans to support them in automatic provisioning. They only appear in the tool for firmware upgrade, that's probably where you saw the model number.

The only way would be to create the needed files and serve them from /var/tftp as proposed by Filip obove.

Previous Topic: TLS Issues with Android Softphone
Next Topic: Salesforce Intergrated App
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 08:07:15 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00447 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.