Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Yealink vpn and openvpn
  •  
ESP Projects

Send a private message to this user
I am trying to connect a yealink to our kerio control via the yealinks built in vpn feature which I believe is openvpn. Is it possible for control to accept such connections?
  •  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

It may work using a pre-shared key. This article http://kb.kerio.com/1281 provides instructions for connecting from mobile devices. There are only a few parameters which can be specified:
- server address
- protocol (L2TP/IPsec)
- user/password
- passphrase
I've successfully connected a Grandstream GXV3275 but have not tested VPN from a Yealink phone.

Brian Carmichael
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
Roy Batty

Hi Mr Brian,

I would like to know how do you accomplish that using Kerio VPN and Grandstream Phone.

I have a GrandStream GXP2160 and i can't figure out how to use the OpenVPN on that phone to connect it to Kerio VPN, Please see attached Picture.

Best regards,

-Roy

• Attachment: OpenVPN.jpg
    (Size: 92.22KB, Downloaded 33 times)
  •  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

I don't have a GXP2160 for testing, but it seems the OS and VPN implementation is entirely different. The GXV series uses the Android OS and the options for IPsec VPN are nearly identical to those in KB 1281. Looking at the options from your screenshot it seems that it uses IKEv2, which is not something we support yet in Kerio Control, however it is an important feature that has a high priority.

Brian Carmichael
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
Roy Batty

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your fast reply!

One more question, i would like to use Kerio control to connect to my external Centos server using Ipsec from kerio connect instead of making an Vpn Client on that PC.

For short, want to make a Vpn tunnel from Kerio to my External Centos server, my Centos have already IpSec server.

So kerio need to connect to my Centos as a client or tunnel, but i can't figure out because my credential is like this :

SERVER IP : xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
IPsec PSK: blahblahblah
Username: vpnuser
Password: mypassword

Best regards,

-Roy
  •  
ksnyder

Hi Roy,

Have you updated your Kerio Control to version 9.2.1? Additional configuration parameters have been added for IPsec tunnels. http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-control/vpn/configuring-ip sec-vpn-tunnel-kerio-control-and-another-device-1390.html

From the 9.2.1 Release Notes:
IPsec VPN tunnel configuration update

Kerio Control 9.2 adds a detailed configuration for IKE and ESP ciphers used in IPsec VPN tunnels. With this detailed configuration you can easily create IPsec VPN tunnels with third-party firewalls.

Read more in our Knowledge Base: Configuring IPsec VPN tunnel

Ken Snyder
  •  
Roy Batty

Hi Brian!

I have already upgraded My Kerio and this option is available and great!

But still i don't know how to put my credential to that tunnel on kerio Tunnel properties as the password area is not available.

to be able to connect to my Centos external Ipsec server this credential is needed:

SERVER IP : xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
IPsec PSK: blahblahblah
Username: vpnuser
Password: mypassword

Regards,

-Roy
Previous Topic: ANNOUNCEMENT: New RC available for Kerio Control 9.2.0
Next Topic: Current number of active/allocated DHCP leases
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Mar 26 00:31:11 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01152 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.