Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Voicemail Backdoor
  •  
mjackson

Send a private message to this user
It is pretty common for a staff member to be out of the office/on the road and call into the office for team meetings and such. It is also common for them to request to be transferred to VM (meaning, so they can check their messages).

In our current configuration we handle this by having a ring group (in this case 297) setup with no extension and a fallback setup to an external extension (external number like 444-444-4444). The external is in fact one of our numbers that is routed to 51. In the past we had to set it up this way because forwarding to 51 internally went to the current users VM, not the person calling in, so you never received the prompt for mailbox???.

This has been our setup for a few years now but it stopped working yesterday? Any ideas. I have tried rebuilding it and I loaded the current update. Tansfers to 51 still only give the prompts for the current user, not the mailbox, so the work around still seems to be needed.

I am all ears, thanks
  •  
ksnyder

A few things:

1) Double-check PBX Services to verify the extension for "Voicemail" vs. "Voicemail with login prompt". As you suggest, the latter defaults to x51. "Voicemail with login prompt" should always ask for the extension. "Voicemail" will assume you want the mailbox of the calling extension and just ask for the PIN.
2) Consider using the Kerio Operator softphone app for iOS and Android. Voicemail will be accessible from the device (by just dialing "50" for voicemail or "51" for voicemail with login prompt)

Regards,
Ken

Ken Snyder
  •  
mjackson

Yes, 51 is set to the default, "Voicemail with login prompt"

If you dial 51 internal, you get the mailbox prompt.

If you dial 51 via an external number via call routing, you get the mailbox prompt.

If you transfer someone to 51, an internal or external call, it bounces back to you. This has been the problem since we install the system. The fix/work around was the above configuration, and it worked until the last few days?

- comment
I was mistaken about 51 not asking for mailbox in the first post, it just rings back.

[Updated on: Tue, 05 April 2016 20:08]

•  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

What happened in the last few days? What version are you running?
  •  
mjackson

We first noticed that the forward to VM was not working at the end of last week. It is not used that often unless own Owner is out of the office, and lucky me, he is this week. I cannot say for sure when it stopped working.

I did make chances to our call routing last week to allow for 9-10 of our remote extensions to have working e911 but I do not make any chances to 51 or the external number we have setup for VM Backdoor.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

It's important to know what version you are running. Did you upgrade to 2.4.7 or are you running some other version?
  •  
mjackson

Yes, 2.4.7 but I loaded 2.4.7 and rebooted when I first learned of the problem. So this was an issue before. I normally load the releases within 2 weeks of release so chance are it was whatever versions have been released within the last 2 months.

Our primary switchboard staff have said they remember the transfer working at least a month ago.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Can you send me your support information file? Get it from the System Health screen in Operator and send it to vtoncar at kerio dot com.

We will try to reproduce your issue here.

Vladimir
  •  
mjackson

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

I have tried to reproduce the situation with several Operator versions (2.4.7, 2.4.1, 2.3.1) and I can't find one which would behave the way you described. I assume you want to login to voicemail to retrieve messages.

When someone forwards a call to one of the voicemail extensions (50 or 51), the voicemail extension changes behavior. Instead of entering the voicemail to retrieve messages, the caller is prompted to leave a message for the forwarder. I tried working around it by forwarding the call to an autoattendant script which automatically dialed 51, but it didn't help either. I was always prompted to leave a message for the forwarder. This is the way our voicemail was designed.

I think, we can change the behaviour of the "Voicemail with long prompt" service, in a way, so that it is always used to retrieve messages. Would that help?

Btw, what does change the behavior is if you do an attended transfer instead of a blind one.

Best,
Filip
  •  
mjackson

The only way around it was the config I have listed in my first post that involved an outside ext, but for some reason hat has stopped working.

Yes, If 51 always acted as (voicemail with prompts) that would solve the problem and I would be very grateful.

I just tested attended transfer with no luck.

Thanks

Previous Topic: Time Syncronization
Next Topic: Problem using BLF in phone provisioning
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 20:52:30 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00537 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.