Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Time Syncronization
  •  
Alex Moretto

Send a private message to this user
Hi
I have Operator 2.4.7 installed on two customers and i have the same problem with the time.

The VoIP Phones are configured in auto provisioning mode, the time of the Operator is right, but the display phones show one hour ahead
Example
Operator 10.30 a.m
Phones 11.30 a.m

Operator use Kerio NTP Server (by default) and the Timezone is +1 (Italy) (configured in automatic configuration templates).

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance

•  
Carsten Maas (Kerio)

Hi Alex,
when you look at the time settings of the phone itself, what timezone is chosen there?

Carsten Maas
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer
Kerio Technologies

Kerio Deutschland youtube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/KerioDeutschland
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

which phone (brand/model) is it? Currently I know only about some issues of snom phones. Some of their models need to be factory reset after a timezone change, probably due to a bug in their firmware.

Best,
Filip
  •  
Alex Moretto

Hi Carsten
On the phone settings the timezone is correct (+1 Italy), but on the display phone is one hour ahead.
  •  
Alex Moretto

Hi Filip
The phones are Snom 715 with firmware 8.7.5.35, today i tried to reset a factory default and auto provisioned again but the time on the display
is not correct....
Thanks
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Operator's provisioning system sets timezone on snom phones in a quite specific way. Timezone is on purpose set to Brazil, as it is the only timezone without automatic DST change. The correct time offset is then configured using the utc_offset parameter.

If you have changed the timezone manually to something else than Brazil, then DST kicks in and you end up having the time one hour off.

For Europe, the configuration looks like this:
./fa/4260/0/

There are two ways how to deal with it:
1. Leave it all to the provisioning system, leave the timezone set to brazil. This should work out of the box after a factory reset.
2. Modify Operator's snom template, erase the utc_offset parameter, set timezone to your timezone and factory reset the phone.

[Updated on: Fri, 08 April 2016 09:53]

•  
fishtech

I had a similar problem with SNOM phones where, although Operator was handing out USA EASTERN time zone, the phones would default to GERMAN time zone.

These phones were remote and could not reach my NTP server. That screwed them up and 192.53.103.104 was inserted as the TimeServer by default by SNOM software.

192.53.103.104 is the address of the German national NTP clock at ptbtime2.ptb.de.

The solution was to use the interface on the phones to turn off Option 42 in Snom Interface > Advanced > Network > Options on DHCP

hth,

ft.
  •  
Alex Moretto

Hi Filip
the second solution worked for me.
Operator and snom phone have the same time.

Thank you for your support.!!!
  •  
link611

i had the same problem with German timezone, because the phone gets the time from operator and the phone itself sets the DST too.

i just deactivated DST on the phones:

dst: off

[Updated on: Tue, 12 April 2016 11:59]

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

I did not know about the dst parameter, thank you for sharing that. If it works well, we could finally abandon the brazil timezone.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 April 2016 12:14]

Previous Topic: Preserving Extension Numbers for Specific Providers
Next Topic: Voicemail Backdoor
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Jan 22 13:16:11 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01387 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.