Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Problem with iOS Account Wizard / SMTP port used (How can I force Account Wizard to use SMTP Submission port 587?)
  •  
Sven G.

Send a private message to this user
Because of the recent activities of Kerio for Android devices, we decided to try to get rid of ActiveSync. On the first step we opened IMAPS, LDAPS and SMTP-Submission ports on our firewall.
Manual account creation works fine with many client programs.

We had to choose SMTP-Submission, because this seems to be the only protocol that enforces Login credentials even for local deliveries. We have another path with additional spam checks for public incoming mail that prevents our servers from being used as relays.
But for our users we have direct access to Kerio Connect on port 587.

Now everything went fine, until one decided to run the iOS Account wizard ("Config device" link on webmail logon form). This one configures SMTPS on port 465, which is not accessable from outside.

1. I tried to tell Kerio Connect, that SMTPS is restricted to local addresses, this changed nothing.
2. I disabled SMTPS at all, because we do not use it... Now the Wizard configures port 25 (which won't accept mails to external addresses in our case).
3. I temporary disabled port 25 as well, leaving only port 587 and ran the wizard again: now it doesn't create any mail account any more - not even the incoming IMAP...

So, my question: How do I configure the wizard to use port 587 whenever it is enabled?

Sven
Previous Topic: Norton and Kerio
Next Topic: Release Update Available: Kerio Connect 9.0.3
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Feb 20 16:22:01 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00856 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.