Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Issues with Signatures Kerio issue
  •  
Dalewinton

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

With kerio we are having an issue when using mac mail and attaching a PDF/Zip file it appears to break the signature and change all the different parts of the signature to attachments rather than jsut the image

This Only happens when attaching a file. its the same in both mac mail & outlook. When doing the exact same test using office 365 hosted mail it works fine. So has to be an issue with kerio mailserver.

I have tried disabling certain aspects, scanners etc within kerio but this doesnt appear to work . tried multiple OS & both windows and mac its the same image. I have attached how its coming through to the post.

Thanks in advance

•  
svavaroe

Same here.
Driving the users mad.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

I am afraid we need more details to be able to answer that.
Do you mean signatures added by mail client or email domain footer?
Do you use IMAP or EWS account in Apple Mail?

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Technical support: http://www.kerio.com/support
------------------
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
Brian Reichow

If you send a message using Mac Mail and view it using Mac Mail, does the attachment issue occur?

Based on my experience, I expect the issue you describe will only occur when the message is sent from Mac Mail and viewed in Outlook.

If so, it's caused by the use of inline images, which Mac Mail allows but Outlook cannot properly interpret. Everything after the first image gets turned into one or more attachments with names like ATT0000223432, just like what you showed in your screenshot.

The workaround I've employed with customers who use Mac Mail with Kerio Connect is a licensed plugin called "OS X Mail Anti Inline Plugin." There are both single user licenses and a site license available.
  •  
svavaroe

Pavel Dobry (Kerio) wrote on Wed, 15 June 2016 15:46
I am afraid we need more details to be able to answer that.
Do you mean signatures added by mail client or email domain footer?
Do you use IMAP or EWS account in Apple Mail?

no problem.
I have never had this issue in plain IMAP connection. As this only happens in EWS connection in Kerio.
Currently evaluating Kerio 9.0.1 (394).

This morning I sent a test message to another dummy account, both of them are connected to Kerio in EWS connection on Apple Mail.
My orginal email is written in Rich/HTML text on Mac OS X - El Capitan. It has HTML signature with external image.
I put myself in cc, and the message got scrambled by the ATTxxxxx.htm attachments.

See a screenshot of it as attachment.

btw, we did have a Exchange / EWS connection in Apple Mail about 2months ago to Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010 server
and never did we have this ATTxxx attachment signature problem.

[Updated on: Tue, 21 June 2016 17:52]

•  
TheMilkMen

I have this issue too. Support team have confirmed it's a known bug... No news yet on a fix. We found out it was a problem after a rather large google apps to Kerio migration

We've just changed everyone from EWS to IMAP
Previous Topic: Webmail Mini Kerio Connect 9 not possible?
Next Topic: Domain specific restrictions
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Dec 03 22:48:36 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01012 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.