Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Can't access webmail on local domain computers
  •  
hrivera

Send a private message to this user
Here's my issue. I have a Windows Sever 2008 R2 running a DNS and an AD. When I perform an 'nslookup mail.example.local' it responds correctly. I've installed Kerio connect on that same computer and integrated it with AD correctly as well. I can access the webmail and log in using one of the accounts in my AD (All of that in the Winsever PC). I've also tested sending some emails between those accounts and it works as well.

Problem is, when I connect another computer to the same network, even though the nslookup queries still respond correctly, I am not able to access the webmail. I can even ping the hostname but the webmail is not opening.

One thing to note though, when I execute the nslookup command alone it's giving me a 'DNS resquest timed out' at first, but after that it resolves other requests normally. Maybe that has something to do with my problem.

I would appreciate some clues. Thanks in advance

[Updated on: Tue, 26 April 2016 01:09]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

This looks like a network problem,not product issue.
Firewall? Incorrect DNS configuration at your workstations?

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Technical support: http://www.kerio.com/support
------------------
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
hrivera

Maybe, but the setup is quite simple. I am just testing KC so I have no firewall, just WS and another PC, static ip configuration, both connected to a switch. What confuses me is that it actually works on the computer running WS2008, when I access the webmail by hostname it shows up correctly, so that means the DNS config is working. Also as I've mentioned before, it even sends/receives local mails.
Previous Topic: Event Description in Resource mailbox
Next Topic: Problems with getting Mails from Yahoo
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Mar 23 03:07:23 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00412 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.