Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Tecnical question about KC network problems
  •  
Kedryn

Send a private message to this user
Hi. I got back evaluating KC, but i'm still banging to the same problems i had in the past when i tried it.

I'm testing KC and pfSense, and i find KC way better for it's easier interface and rules.
BUT

I have 2 (maybe 3) Wan connection, configured via VLANS to their respective routers, and a LAN connection.
Everything works fine, when it works. But clients get often no response from the KC server (no ping, no web interface, no connection to external sites). If i run a ping, via lan, to the KC, sometimes it stops responding, for few pings, or for over a minute.
-) There is no packed drop in the debug log
-) I tried disabling anti spoofing, anti intrusion, 3wayhandashake, mac filter, web filter
-) It does not happens simultaneously on all clients, but randomly
-) LAN is fine, i can ping any other machine from a client without problem, when it can't ping KC
-) some clients seems to get "blocked" more often than others, some are blocked forever
-) pfSense does not have this problem when i put it in place of KC

This happens in the VM as like in the phisical machine (tested both installations).
I cant buy a product that is not working for me...

EDIT:

-) doing a traceroute from inside KC (shell) to some ip in the lan, gives either 1 hop of about 2ms, or 35 hops of * * *. Even if the machines i traceroute are on the same switch, side by side.

[Updated on: Thu, 28 April 2016 14:23]

•  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

Described behaviour sounds like network misconfiguration or some faulty network device.
Kerio Control should have 100% ping response rate without packet loss.

You may try to use packet logging (http://kb.kerio.com/1374) when the issue appears. Packet log could be opened by standard utilities like Wireshark.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio

Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
Looking for help ? - http://kb.kerio.com
  •  
Kedryn

Thanks for the reply. I already tried debugging packets, but KC does not log packed drops when ping fails. And when i switch KC with pfSense, i dont get any ping or connection drop.

I really cant figure out where the problem is...
Previous Topic: Kerio supports Transparent Bridge?
Next Topic: how to fix : server returned 403
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Apr 26 17:42:06 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00964 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.