Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » How to make sure that ALL local messages are on the server
  •  
jb2000

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

is there a way to send/resend all local messages to the connect server?
To be sure, that all local message are there.

Client: Outlook with Outlook Connector (at the moment)
Server: Connect 9.0.3

Thank you for your help!!

[Updated on: Wed, 04 May 2016 18:50]

•  
Bud Durland

I'm not sure I understand the question, or better yet, what problem you are trying to solve.
  •  
jb2000

Thx, we saved a lot of old mails in a new account.
Now when I try to empty the cache of Kerio connector, we got the message "not all message synchronized"
My problem is, how I can be sure that no mails get lost.
  •  
j.a.duke

I don't know the volume or location (i.e. in folders or just Inbox), but couldn't you log into webmail and compare message counts for folders?

If it is just a few folders, that would give you an answer pretty quickly.

Cheers,
Jon
  •  
Pavel Dostal (Kerio)

If there is a warning "not all message synchronized", you can't be sure. Technically you can be sure that you lose something, however it is possible that it is caused by some Outlook-generated message that is not visible for you.

If you can compare number of emails between KCC and Outlook, it is the simplest and probably the most reliable solution.

Theoreticaly you can check that Kerio Outlook Connector is not synchronizing any more, however a reliable check it a bit complicated. You need to switch off Outlook and make some changes KCC that will be visible in Outlook without opening a folder. E.g. create a new folder (and maybe put some unread message there). Now start Outlook again and wait until new folder appears and unread mail number on that folder is updated to correct value. Now you know that full synchronization is running. Now check the Kerio Outlook Connector icon in Windows notification area. If it is yellow (Idle), there is nothing that Connector wants to synchronize.
Although you can't be sure that everything is synchronized, you can be sure that waiting for more synchronized messages is useless. Either all messages were synchronized, or there is some issue in the store that prevents synchronization of some messages. However such issue should be logged in Kerio Outlook Connector's debug.log

Pavel Dostal
Kerio Technologies
Previous Topic: Do I have a security breach?
Next Topic: Connect on Amazon EC2
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Feb 23 01:24:40 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02119 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.