Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Instant Messaging not starting
  •  
ruta

Send a private message to this user
After upgrading Kerio Connect to 9.0.3, Instant Messaging will no longer start after a server reboot or service restart. The IM service is set to start automatically, but it does not. It will start up fine if we manually start it. As mentioned, this started right after we upgraded to 9.0.3.

Any ideas on what might be causing this and how to fix it.
  •  
McIrish

we have the exact same issue. I didn't even realize it till I started getting calls. I rebooted and noticed it still did not start automatically.
  •  
Tomas Skoda (Kerio)

Thank you for reporting this. We are aware of this issue and we are investigating it. It will help a lot if you share with us some server details like
- What OS is on the server? What version?
- Do you have SELinux (or similar module) enabled ?
- Is the server virtualised? If so what virtualisation platform?
- Does localhost resolve only to 127.0.0.1?
- Do you have IPV6 enabled?
- Do you have IPV4 disabled?

Thank you,
Tomas Skoda
  •  
ruta

OS is Windows 2008 Standard.
Server is not virtual.
Don't know what SELinux is so I don't think it is activated. How do I check?
Localhost resolves only to 127.0.0.1
Both IPv4 and IPv6 are enabled.

Thanks! Hoping you find the fix soon.
Both the IM and the Secure IM service are affected.
  •  
UnifiedTechs-Brian

We have a support ticket open for what may be the same issue, luckily we just did not us it before so it is not an emergency but we will keep an eye on this thread to.

- Brian
Kerio Preferred Partner, Reseller & Hosting Provider
Unified Technology Solutions
  •  
MacLab

We noticed this on a Mac OS 10.11 server as well. Starting it manually worked fine so it wasn't given another thought or followed up.

MacLab, Inc.
Kerio Certified Partner, Reseller, Hosting Provider, Kerio Connect Certified.
http://maclaboratory.com
  •  
MacLab

Followup again today. Two MacOS 10.11 Connect servers, both now updated to 9.04. One exhibits this issue, the other does not. They are practically identical in configuration and even on the same network. Where it was noticed was running the kerio connect update (from 8.x to 9.03 and 9.03 to 9.04).

The one server had no issues while the other needed manual start of IM services with each update.

MacLab, Inc.
Kerio Certified Partner, Reseller, Hosting Provider, Kerio Connect Certified.
http://maclaboratory.com
Previous Topic: Windows 10 Mobile and Kerio Connect
Next Topic: Can't create new Certificate Request
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Dec 02 20:46:59 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02766 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.