Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Spam Filter and Antivirus problems
  •  
bperkins

Send a private message to this user
For the past two days messages have been building up in my mail queue. It seems as though something is wrong with my Mcaffee AV and the new spam engine in 6.0.2. When I disable them both, the messages go through just fine.

I wanted to narrow it down to either the AV or filter. At first it appeared it was the filter. I enabled the AV and left the filter disabled and all was fine for a while. Now, its doing it again. The only way my queue is not building up is if I leave the AV and the filter disabled.

Has anyone seen this or can give any advice? I don't want to leave these disabled too long. 6.0.2 was working fine for 1 day, but has caused major problems the past two days.

Thanks for any help!
BP
  •  
jonbrain

I saw a similar thing is 6.0/6.01 not had happen 'yet' in 6.02.

It was the antivirus checking. I did an uninstall and reinistalled and this would fix the problem for a while.
  •  
bperkins

Thanks jonbrain, I think that's what I'm going to have to do.
BP
  •  
nina802

Are you using integrated AV?
  •  
bperkins

Yep, its the integrated version.
  •  
bperkins

Uninstalling KMS and then Reinstalling KMS seems to have done the trick - so far ;-)

Thanks jonbrain!
  •  
roope.vankka

Hi!

We have big problems now with KMS 6.02 and spam.

Spamassassin jammed delivering messages in KMS, because KMS was not able to write to some of learning database files. After deleting all of these files my message queue with 2000 messages was delivered properly.

Earlier versions of KMS were much more accurate to catch spam.

We are using KMS 6.02 in RH9.
  •  
dwhitfield

Is this still happening even after you reinstalled? If so, are you by chance using Mac OS X version 10.2.x? This has happened to us ever since the upgrade to KMS 6 and Kerio support is still trying to figure out why.
  •  
bperkins

No, I'm using the Redhat version of KMS. An uninstall and reinstall seemed to have fixed the problem (at least for the last 52 hours) ;-)

BP
  •  
bperkins

I take this back, this is still a problem for me. Reinstallation solved the problem for 2-3 days, but has now started again.

I am currently running with Antivirus and Spameliminator turned off (YIKES) and plan to downgrade to 6.0.1 during off hours. Has anyone downgraded with any version of 6? I know downgrading with versions 5.x.x worked fine. I haven't had to downgrade a 6 version yet. Does anyone know if this works?

Thanks,
BP
  •  
bperkins

I've reported this as a bug to Kerio. If you are experiencing this problem too, please report.

Thanks,
BP
  •  
roope.vankka

I disabled bayes auto learning, and after that the problem was gone.

It can be disabled by adding a single line in local.cf file in /spamassassin/rules/ directory like this:

# Enable Bayes auto-learning
auto_learn 0

•  
bperkins

I'll try this, thank you very much :-)
BP
  •  
bperkins

This partially fixed my problem. There are still messages getting stuck in the queue that now say "Antivirus cannot perform scan". This is with the integrated mcafee AV.

I think there is a problem with the Bayes auto learning feature and the integrated mcafee AV in 6.0.2.

Can anyone else confirm this on the Redhat Linux platform?
dmstork

I had the same error message on Windows 200x server and Kerio MS 5.7.3. When i disabled the AV scanengine, the queues emptied out properly.

The solution there was to delete the McAfee DAT files and replace them from mcafee's site itself. Restarting the AV engine within the kerio console and updating it again with the update button.

Me thinks the dat files tend to get corrupted. How and why, i don't know.

Perhaps this will help your problem on RH.
Previous Topic: Mark multiple messages as spam
Next Topic: Webmail 6.03
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 17 20:41:29 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00564 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.