Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » call recording option (call recording option)
  •  
jackl

Send a private message to this user
Hi Kerio,

Is there a way if customer call in and let them to have a choice to press a key then they can select if their call can be recorded or not?

I don't want to setup to 2 queues (one for recording and another one not) because i probably will not record all outgoing calls. That means if a customer call in and in a queue, then the 2 queues way is fine. However, when the customer call in and dial the extension directly then this call will not be recorded.

Any idea?

Thanks
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Having the two call queues or ring groups (one with recording, one without) is the recommended solution. You also need an auto-attendant script that allows callers to pick the path without recording.
  •  
jackl

Thanks for your reply and I totally understand what you saying.
I don't want to setup to 2 queues (one with, one without) because i probably will not record all outgoing calls. That means if a customer call in and in a queue, then the 2 queues way is fine. However, when the customer call in and dial the extension directly then this call will not be recorded.

Does that make sense?

Thanks
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

What exactly is the problem? Is that you need to record some of the outbound calls as well?
  •  
jackl

No, i only need to record inbound call.

When the customer call in, the voice promote says "your voice will be recorded for training xxxxxxxxx, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE RECORDED, PLEASE PRESS 1(could be any number)".

So after the customer press that number, their call will not be recorded.

Thanks
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

That's the correct approach. Now just send those who do not want to be recorded to the call queues or ring groups without recording.
  •  
jackl

i understand what you saying. However, here is a problem.

customer call in and want to record this call, but he/she dial the extension directly after auto attendant pickup. Since we don't want to record the outgoing call, all the extension don't have recording. In this situation, how can we record this call?
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

I see. The only way how to selectively enable recording for inbound calls to individual users would be to send the call via a ring group. The group can have just one member.
  •  
jackl

Thanks for your solution. I was thinking about that too but my manager is kind of picky,lol.
Previous Topic: MOS Value in Call History
Next Topic: park and pick call
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Dec 11 10:56:37 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00882 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.