Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » How to create Dynamic Groups
  •  
DomDis

Send a private message to this user
Hello all, I'm new here

Is it possible to create dynamic groups?

I'd like to create groups like the following

All Users
All MFG
All ENG
All IT

I don't want to have to manually maintain these groups. If I add a new mail account for someone in the engineering department I'd like Kerio to automagically add that user to the All Users group and the the all Eng group.

Perhaps I can use a token or place holder in the create group like ${department} = "ENG" and assign all engineers to the ENG group. for all users something like #{domain} = "some domain name"...

I searched the forum for dynamic groups but didn't really see anything - Is this possible

[Updated on: Sat, 14 May 2016 15:08]

•  
Vicky Tripp (Kerio)

Hi Dom,

The mailserver does not have this capability at the moment but that would an amazing feature to request:

http://kb.kerio.com/1643

You might be able to come up with a way to do this with the API but it is something you would need to look into:

http://www.kerio.com/learn-community/developer-zone

I hope this helps a bit.

All the best,
Vicky

Vicky Tripp
Kerio Technical Support Engineer
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

Or you can solve that by mapping users and groups from AD.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio

Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
Looking for help ? - http://kb.kerio.com
  •  
DomDis

Petr Dobry (Kerio) wrote on Mon, 16 May 2016 06:56
Or you can solve that by mapping users and groups from AD.

Don't have AD

•  
Bud Durland

I think the closest you'll find in Connect is "user templates". Basically, these pre-define everything except e-mail address and full user name.
  •  
DomDis

Bud Durland wrote on Mon, 16 May 2016 13:46
I think the closest you'll find in Connect is "user templates". Basically, these pre-define everything except e-mail address and full user name.

I'm not sure how templates would help

I'd like my mail accounts to be able to send mail to "all Finance" or "All Engineering" I'd like those groups or mail lists to reside in the global directory and I'd like them to be automatically populated based on a formula like members = ${department} = "Engineering" or ${department} contains "ENG"
  •  
Bud Durland

Ahh. I misunderstood what you were looking for. I don't think Connect has that. You may have to put in a feature request, and administer groups the old fashioned way in the meantime.
Previous Topic: Kerio Connect on MS Failover Cluster
Next Topic: "Not Responding" on Outlook with KOFF Clients
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Dec 11 10:56:16 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01339 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.