Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Automatic redirection for authentication (When only some users are defined as source in traffic rules)
  •  
f.ghotbi

Send a private message to this user
Dear Guys,
I need to grant internet access only to some specific users. But when I choose these users as source of traffic rules, then automatic redirection for displaying authentication page to the users won't work. Is there any solution to enable automatic redirecting users to authentication page while the source of internet access rule is some specific users?
Thanks
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

You need to also allow access for any user (LAN) to Firewall - so they can access the firewall login page.
Automatic redirects work only for requests from the internet browser though.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio

Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
Looking for help ? - http://kb.kerio.com
  •  
f.ghotbi

Thank you for your answer Petr,
By allowing access for any user (LAN) to Firewall, then any users can access to the internet as well? or just the authentication page?
how about local traffic rule? I think it should allow any users access to the firewall as well!! because we have local interfaces in source and firewall in destination.
any idea?
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

You did not post your configuration, so I was just guessing.
The rule allowing users to access Firewall must be above the rule with NAT and Authenticated users as a source.
Rules are matched from the top to the bottom.

The same topic is being discussed in another thread - http://forums.kerio.com/t/31126//

[Updated on: Thu, 02 June 2016 20:01]

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio

Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
Looking for help ? - http://kb.kerio.com
Previous Topic: How to test Application Filtering?
Next Topic: use public IP addresses on servers
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Dec 03 22:46:48 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00957 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.