Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Moving / Upgrading a Kerio 7.2.4 Installation
  •  
Ingeno

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

I'm in the process of replacing a old Kerio Connect Server Running Version 7.2.4 on Mac OS X 10.6.8. It will be replaced with a new mac running OS X 10.11 and the latest version of Kerio Connect.

My plan is as follows:
  • Upgrade the current Installation on 10.6.8 to 8.5.3
  • Install 8.5.3 on the new Machine
  • Copy the Mail Store to the new Machine
  • Upgrade the new Machine to the latest Version of Kerio Connect.

These are my Questions:
  • Is there a smarter way to to the Migration? Would you do it differently?
  • What steps should i take when upgrading? Directly from 7.2.4 to 8.5.3 an then directly to the latest Version? Or are there important steps in-between?

Thanks for your Input.
  •  
Radek Sip (Kerio)

Between 7.2 and 8.5 are 8 major version (if I count well). It's better to upgrade to last 7.x version and then to 8.x.

IMHO your migration to new server is OK. If you are familiar with rsync, I used it for this purposes, it minimalize the outage and allow me prepare "copy" of server and test it before final switch.

There exists official article about migration to another server:
http://kb.kerio.com/360

[Updated on: Wed, 25 May 2016 15:40]

Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
Ingeno

Thanks for your input. Ok, i will upgrade to the latest 7.x first and then to 8.5.3. I plan to use rsync to transfer the Files and test the migration. Thanks.
Previous Topic: Missing Spam button
Next Topic: Catalan translation
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Dec 06 18:51:54 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00978 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.