Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Calendar events that are moved don't actually move (Problems moving calendar events)
  •  
vedder9

Send a private message to this user
*Running Kerio Connect 9.0.1*

Wondering if anyone else has seen this and has any ideas of a good solution. I didn't see any previous threads that sounded quite like it.

In an office of about 45 people, everyone is set as a reader of everyone else's calendar. For whatever reason, one specific user has a challenging time moving events within the Kerio web interface. She will create an event, add a few attendees and set the time. The event is booked in a resource and everything is working fine. The problem occurs when she tries to move an event to accommodate for someone's schedule.

When she goes to move the event, after she hits save, the event doesn't move. She has to go in and repeat the process two or three times before the change actually takes and others are informed.

She does have Apple Calendar setup, but does not use it.

Another odd issue that she has is that she cannot add a specific employee to existing events. She doesn't seem to have any problems adding other employees, but one of the most recent hires receives a notice from a resource that she has a meeting, but she never actually gets the event invite to her personal account. Others in the office can add her to events with no trouble at all.

It sounds to me like there is something goofy with the problem user's account. Short of just trashing her account and setting it up as new, does anyone have any suggestions? You can have Kerio reindex mail, and recently we had an issue with Messages not handling user accounts properly and we had to dump a file that caused it to rebuild the database for instant messaging. Is there something similar for Calendars? I'm not finding anything out there saying there is, but there has to be something.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

vedder9 wrote on Fri, 27 May 2016 16:44
but one of the most recent hires receives a notice from a resource that she has a meeting, but she never actually gets the event invite to her personal account.

I have trouble to understand this sentence. Can you give an example? Resource sends response to a meeting organizer only so attendees can't get a response from a resource.

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Technical support: http://www.kerio.com/support
------------------
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
vedder9

Definitely. It's kind of a messy situation, so hopefully this will clear it up.

What the organizer does / sees:
• In the Kerio web interface, New Employee is added to already existing event that takes place in Main Conference Room (a resource)
• Event is saved.
• Event is updated and displays properly in web interface with New Employee now listed as attendee.

What New Employee sees:
• Within Apple Calendar and in Apple Mail, a notification is received that shows up on Main Conference Room's calendar
• No event is listed on personal calendar
• Event notification that appears in Apple Calendar simply says "This meeting is happening in Main Conference Room " and the only option New Employee has with the notification it to just hit 'Okay' to dismiss the notification
• After hitting "Okay" the notification on the Main Conference Room disappears and the e-mail in Apple Mail disappears
• No event is ever added to New Employee's personal calendar, though they do see the event on the Main Conference Room calendar

What I noticed:
After playing around with a few event updates, if I log into New Employee's web interface, they do appear to get the proper e-mail and event notification

But again, this only happens when receiving invites from the person that is having the other calendar issues. Other employees have been able to successfully add her to previously existing events without any trouble at all.

It should also be mentioned that this is not an issue when new events are created by the person having the other calendar issues. This only happens when she adds New Employee to previously existing events. The common thread that I see between the two issues is that both happen when updating an event. Whether it be moving the event to a different day or time, or adding New Employee as an additional attendee.

Hopefully that makes more sense.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

vedder9 wrote on Fri, 27 May 2016 17:22
Definitely. It's kind of a messy situation, so hopefully this will clear it up.

What the organizer does / sees:
• In the Kerio web interface, New Employee is added to already existing event that takes place in Main Conference Room (a resource)
• Event is saved.
• Event is updated and displays properly in web interface with New Employee now listed as attendee.

Well, that could be the cause. When organizer wants to add a new attendee to his meeting, he must edit the meeting in his own calendar, add a new attendee and then send update of the event (this happens automatically). Editing event in calendar of another user (or resource) does not inform the attendee. In fact, it does not inform anyone. And in this case the attendee is lucky to see this ONLY because he sees shared calendar.

Meeting requests are not supposed to be created in other calendars. Organizer must do it is its own primary calendar (except delegation from other user) and send an invitation to attendees so they get the event in their calendars too.

[Updated on: Fri, 27 May 2016 18:01]

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Technical support: http://www.kerio.com/support
------------------
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
vedder9

I'm fairly certain the organizer is editing their own event on their own calendar. I'll double check, but she never has issues adding other people to already created events. This only seems to be happening with this most recent employee. Unfortunately, the organizer is the only one having this issue with the new employee, so I don't think it is the new employee's account.

I'll verify things when I'm back in the office next week, but since she doesn't have issues adding other people to events, I'm inclined to think she is doing things properly and editing her own calendar, not the attendee's or resources calendar.

Thanks for the response. It's always nice to know someone sees these things.

[Updated on: Fri, 27 May 2016 18:11]

Previous Topic: Can't connect to Kerio Instant messaging
Next Topic: 4.1.1 450 4.7.1....: Helo command rejected: Host not found
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Dec 11 10:58:58 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00963 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.