Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Disable web logging for some user/IP
  •  
f.maianti

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,
i've set up a content filter rule to enable some users (identified by fixed IP address) to surf the web without any filter. The rule is working fine, these IP can browse without any block. The problem is that, although i disable the logging in rule option, this traffic is loggend into the web log.
It is mandatory that this traffic is not logged (the traffic is from the CEO personal PC and phone, you know how it works...).
How can i do to exclude this particular traffic from the web log?

Thanks

•  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

That's not possible. You can exclude user/IP from the statistics, but not from the logs.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio

Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
Looking for help ? - http://kb.kerio.com
  •  
f.maianti

That's bad news...
So there is no way to exclude some fixed IP from the web logging?
  •  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

You could disable protocol inspection for that host, but the consequence is that you would not be able to apply any content filtering to that host for any protocols you are not inspecting. http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-control/security/protocol- inspection-in-kerio-control-1689.html

Brian Carmichael
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer | Kerio
  •  
f.maianti

That's exactly what i was looking for, thank you very much!
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

Be aware that by disabling protocol inspector the end computer is not protected (no antrivirus, IDS/IPS, webfilter etc.).

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio

Looking for help ? - http://kb.kerio.com
  •  
f.maianti

I'm well aware of that, thanks.
Previous Topic: HTTPS logging
Next Topic: Domain Users and DHCP Clients!
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Dec 06 18:54:20 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00416 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.