Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » How to test Application Filtering?
  •  
coretech

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

i installed Control 9.1 RC1 and i want try the application filtering feature

Can you tell me what are the condition need on kerio control for test the application filtering?

thanks
Roberto
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

If you have license for WebFilter and enabled Content Filter -> Applications and Web categories -> Enable application awareness, it should work out of the box.

Detected applications are visible in Active connections (column Info) and in user statistics.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio

Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
Looking for help ? - http://kb.kerio.com
  •  
coretech

Thank Petr.
Maybe there is something that don't work or that is not configured well. Application awareness is enable.

I tried the previous beta and i was not sure if the feature work or not.
I tried facebook chat and teamviewer (rule for deny these application)
i was not able to disable Teamviewer....
Facebook chat don't worked but only with https inspection enable.

Now i tested RC1
I'm in session with pc logged..
add the rule for filter Facebook (now where is facebook chat?)

If i go in active connection (column info) i see Facebook, but Kerio control don't block the navigation.

The same thing happen with Teamviewer. IN this case Kerio Control don't recognize teamviewer in any connection.
Do you have suggestion?
Roberto
Previous Topic: DHCP Scope Exhausted
Next Topic: Automatic redirection for authentication
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Dec 03 22:45:15 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01048 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.