Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Authentication failed for user %Username% (Authentication failed for user %Username%)
  •  
Randel

Send a private message to this user
Hello ewerybody.

Mail Server OS: Debian x86. Mail service: Kerio Connect 9.0.1
Domain: AD Windows server 2008R2.
Domain controllers: 2XWindows server 2012R2.

I've problem with user authentication.

I was create new user from Active Directory.

Trying to logon to mail account, I seing this:

Security log:
HTTP/WebMail: Authentication failed for user %username%. Attempt from IP address %IP_ADDRESS%. External authentication service rejected authentication due to invalid password or authentication restriction.

Debug log:
{auth} Krb5: get_init_creds_password(krbtgt/%DomainName%@%DomainName%, %username%@%DomainName%): Preauthentication failed, error code 0x96c73a18 (-1765328360)
or:
The same begin, error text: Client not found in Kerberos database, error code 0x96c73a06 (-1765328378)

Help me, please.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
It could depend on your configuration and setting in krb5.conf file. There are two domain controllers so Linux client may ask other Kerberos AD server, which does not have user account synchronized. Or there is another problem in AD. I would recommend checking event log on Kerberos server.

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Technical support: http://www.kerio.com/support
------------------
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
Previous Topic: Email Not coming into Office 2016 for Mac
Next Topic: Stopping/reducing Bruteforce attacks
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Dec 03 22:45:34 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00894 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.