Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect Multi-Server » Why multi server setup?
  •  
PrimeOne

Send a private message to this user
Hi community
I saw the Kerio Connect Multi-Server webinar, and I have some questions about it.
It's mentioned, that the main reason to distribute the users among several servers is performance related, right. At least it's not about redundency, cause the users mailbox resists only on one server.
But what's exactly the paintpoint? Is it just that the store gets to big? I mean the mailbox server could be a very performant server with enough cpu, memory and disk space to handle a mail server with several thousand of mail accounts, no? Can't imagine that the traffic, cpu- or memory load should be an issue?
So what's the main reason?
Kind regards, Prime
  •  
Bud Durland

In two words: DISK I/O. Kerio connect is very, very I/O intensive. This is especially evident in virtualized environments.
  •  
chrisjohnson

you dont need to set it up.... it will be default
Previous Topic: Kerio Connect public folders
Next Topic: Introducing Multi-Server Technology preview for Kerio Connect 8.4
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Dec 06 03:57:29 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00858 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.