Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » can't receive fax to user email address
  •  
jackl

Send a private message to this user
Hi Kerio,

I am able to receive the fax from the fax machine.
Now I followed the instruction below to setup fax to email.

http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-operator/server-configurat ion-kerio-operator/fax-support-in-kerio-operator-1228.html

--go to Users and enter an email address for each user.

--go to Extensions and enable option Forward incoming faxes to user's address for the particular user's extension.

--configuring fax detection (CNG signal)

However, it doesn't work. Any idea? I assigned a DID direct to that extension and dial that DID number from a fax machine.

Thanks

[Updated on: Fri, 10 June 2016 19:18]

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi jackl,

we'll need a little bit more information in order to help.

Are you receiving the fax over a SIP interface?
Who is your provider?
Do they support T.38?

How did you configure Fax Detection option of the target Extension?
Does the voice transmission switch to the FAX one? In other words, does your phone stop ringing and dost the remote fax machine hear the fax tones?

Best,
Filip
  •  
jackl

Yes, i am able to recevie the fax over a SIP interface from my fax machine.
MegaPath is my provider.
Yes, they support T.38

I use "Answer,detect CNG, dial extension" for the target extension.

My phone doesn't ring and I can't hear fax tones.

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Perhaps the switch to T.38 failed. Can you make a test call and capture some debug data?

1. Enable debug logs: Asterisk and Asterisk(detailed)
2. Start packet sniffer on the public network interface
3. Send a test fax and wait until finished/fails.
4. Generate a support info (screen system health)
5. Export debug logs and download the packet dump.

Then send all three files back to me to fjenicek<_at_>kerio.com.
  •  
jackl

I am 100% sure i didn't change anything on the setting, but somehow it's working now. I am pretty sure after i set up everything and i test it right way but just won't work. Does that need to take some times to effect?
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Configuration changes are applied immediately. The only exception is when a phone needs to resync its configuration - some phones are relatively slow with that.

If it started working 'out of the blue', the SIP carrier might have changed something, or you are now connecting to a different machine within their server cluster.
  •  
jackl

I didn't see any blue icon on that extension or the phone of the extension.

But anyway, at least it's working now. I will update this post if something happen

Thanks a lot
Previous Topic: fax server integration
Next Topic: VM: Starting Kerio OS - since 1 hour... / findfs unable to resolve ...
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Dec 05 09:27:30 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00994 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.