Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Cant see how to share an employees mail folder (Need to be able to see an ex-employees mail folder )
  •  
RobG

Send a private message to this user
I can't see a whole shared kerio mail folder from an ex employee after having shared it in Kerio and Outlook. Is there a trick to this?
  •  
ksnyder (KERIO)

What action was taken on the ex-employee's mailbox as part of the exit process? Was the mailbox disabled or was it removed? If removed, were the messages left in that employee's folder, were the moved to someone else's mailbox, or were they removed completely?

[Updated on: Thu, 16 June 2016 17:48]

Ken Snyder
Director, Sales Engineering | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
RobG

I spent some time on this issue (being in a different time zone to the USA) and found the solution on my own. Rather than leaving this post unresolved, I will detail the solution I found for the benefit of all the Kerio public.

Problem:
• The ex employees mail account is just disabled.
• We will eventually have a new employee to take that position and inherit that mailbox content.
• But just now while we are hiring a new long term replacement employee, we want the ex employees mailbox that is located directly under their <UserName> in Outlook to be accessible by share to an interim / current employee.
• We are using regular Outlook 2007 as the mail interface and do not use the Kerio Connect Client.

Solution:
• Login into Kerio Connect Client as the ex employee. (This is the only time we have had to access the Kerio Connect Client!)
• On the left hand navigation pane, highlight the folder to be shared. Right click on the fly out menu and click on "Sharing".
• "Add" the current employees username to share this folder with. We made this current employee an "Editor" of the ex employees folder.
• Log out of the ex employee.
• On the Outlook left hand navigation pane (v2007), highlight their username. Right click on the fly out menu and click on "Properties", then "Folder Mapping", then "Configure", then "Add" an attached mailbox. In the next dialog box type the ex employees username. It should automatically qualify that user name. Make sure the "Enable Public Folders" is checked. Then "ok" to accept.
• The shared folders of the ex employee will now be present in the Mail Folders section of the current employees Outlook left hand navigation pane.

Using the above methodology, you can share the ex employees mailbox with more than just 1 current employee.

Using this method the ex employees mailbox is left intact and can be physically moved later when the new employee takes over that role permanently.

I hope this helps out there in KerioLand!

Previous Topic: multiple users, share calendar for group
Next Topic: Android 6.0 nexus 5 device problems - Exchange Activesync
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Dec 11 10:57:56 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03881 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.