Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Slow sync
  •  
bareare

Send a private message to this user
I have started to get complains (last 6 monhts) about slow sync of Kerio Connect for several clients using Outlook. Myself and many others, even on same location, does not have this problem at all. The clients also have exact same desktop-setup and they all have cabled network (not wireless). This happens with clients on both fast (1Gbps) and more normal networks.

For instance, one client has a scanner that emails them. This email may take up to 2 hours before it arrives. If the user logs into webmail, they find the scanned email at once and 1-2 hour, it arrives. Other times, it takes just one minute. The email server is a dedicated server with only 20 clients, low usage and since I (and most clients) don't experience the problem at all, I assume it doesn't have to do with the server itself.

In the beginning, I was thinking it was just a user error (for instance not scrolled to the top). But several clients have started reporting it and upgrading the Kerio client doesn't help.

Anything I can do to find out why this happens, or do other people have same problem? I'm running the latest Kerio at all times.
  •  
Think Fixed

Can you provide some clarification for me? When new email arrives, can the clients see the new email in the Kerio Connect web client? If so, this means that the issue is not likely a problem with Kerio Connect. It still could be, but less likely. What is the internet speed that the server itself is connected to? What do your logs say? Also, have you contacted Kerio support about this? One thing to consider about the scanner emails is that if the scanner is sending really large attachments into your server, it may take a while for the user's mail client to download the attachment.

Howie Isaacks
Systems Admin | Apple Solutions Consultant
Think Fixed LLC, Dallas and Fort Worth

www.thinkfixed.com
  •  
bareare

Since I got the message that I have to pay for support, unless they find it to be a bug afterwards, I didn't want to contact them right away.

"When new email arrives, can the clients see the new email in the Kerio Connect web client"

Yes, they see it right away in web client. It is only in Outlook they do not see it.

The attachment is just a few kb, not big at all. We are operating at 1 Gbps with very little usage. However, I'm having a far less connection personally and I do not get the problem. So it doesn't have to do with speed or slow connection (we have enterprise monitoring tools on both client machines and Kerio to garantee the quality). In addition, one client is on same setup as me, with more "normal" 20 mbit/sek DSL.

I don't know what logs to look for. Because the problem (seems) to occour only at the client level. The email is delivered and is on the server immediately. It isn't just during scan. Sometimes it goes fast, sometimes it is slow.
  •  
MarkK

On one of the people having the issue, have you tried clearing Kerio's local sync cache and having it rebuild that?
Previous Topic: Activesync; user get invitations from other users
Next Topic: The certificate is not trusted
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Dec 08 08:47:26 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03825 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.