Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Outlook Connector (Offline Edition) search issue
  •  
GammarayZa

Send a private message to this user
Hi, first time poster here, so forgive me if this was answered before, but I couldn't find it via a search.

I have an issue with several users that connects their Outlook clients to the Kerio Connect server via the Kerio Outlook Connector. Everything seems fine, until they try to do a search within their mailbox. The Outlook client stops responding, and then I need to close the task as it takes forever to respond again.

I've selected that the entire mailbox be synced on the clients, and the biggest of those mailboxes are about 10Gb. I've also disabled Windows' indexing for Outlook emails. The Kerio Connect server verion is 9.0.2.

Any other advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
  •  
Pavel Dostal (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Hi

Search of the whole mailbox of such size takes really several minutes. I can recommend just some improvements:
- use SSD. Speed of the search depends on disk access. When KOFF local database is on SSD, search will be many times faster.
- have enough RAM. KOFF search is faster if local database can be cached in the memory
- search just one folder, not the whole mailbox. Even when one folder contains majority of the mailbox content, searching one folder is at least 2 times faster (sometimes even 5 times faster) than searching in the whole mailbox. Note that default quick search in Outlook 2013 and newer is over the whole mailbox.
- search with just several results is faster than search with thousands of results
- make sure no AV software is checking KOFF local database.

Pavel Dostal
Kerio Technologies
Previous Topic: Getting DKIM error when adding alieses
Next Topic: migrating to a new server / KOFF-extensions
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Dec 03 22:50:18 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00829 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.