Hi, first time poster here, so forgive me if this was answered before, but I couldn't find it via a search.
I have an issue with several users that connects their Outlook clients to the Kerio Connect server via the Kerio Outlook Connector. Everything seems fine, until they try to do a search within their mailbox. The Outlook client stops responding, and then I need to close the task as it takes forever to respond again.
I've selected that the entire mailbox be synced on the clients, and the biggest of those mailboxes are about 10Gb. I've also disabled Windows' indexing for Outlook emails. The Kerio Connect server verion is 9.0.2.
Any other advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
- Pavel Dostal (Kerio)
Search of the whole mailbox of such size takes really several minutes. I can recommend just some improvements:
- use SSD. Speed of the search depends on disk access. When KOFF local database is on SSD, search will be many times faster.
- have enough RAM. KOFF search is faster if local database can be cached in the memory
- search just one folder, not the whole mailbox. Even when one folder contains majority of the mailbox content, searching one folder is at least 2 times faster (sometimes even 5 times faster) than searching in the whole mailbox. Note that default quick search in Outlook 2013 and newer is over the whole mailbox.
- search with just several results is faster than search with thousands of results
- make sure no AV software is checking KOFF local database.
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum
members and may contain information and material posted by members which may
be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not
intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any
information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the
posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in
the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the
discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the
company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to
monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of