Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Unable to login to Kerio using AD credentials
  •  
ESP Projects

Send a private message to this user
We have Kerio Operator set to sync with our directory service which is Active directory on a windows 2012 r2 server. I've been able to import users from AD without any problems but when trying to log in to the Operator page using the same credentials i'm unable to and get the following error in the Security log

[27/Jun/2016 12:39:38] Session::login - Kerberos authentication failed for user "USERNAME".
[27/Jun/2016 12:39:38] Administration: Failed to open session for user "USERNAME" from host "MACHINE-IP".

I can log in fine if I create a user on Operator but not with any of the imported users.

Also getting this in the Warning log

[27/Jun/2016 12:39:00] Can't bind to LDAP server SERVER.DOMAIN.local using any supported authentication method. Username: USERNAME<_at_>DOMAIN.local. (ThreadId=27237)

Any idea what could be causing this?
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

What do you mean by 'the same credentials'? Are you sure you are trying to log in as a user that exists on the Operator machine?

You can try enabling the 'Integration > Directory Services' messages in the debug log. Might give you some additional hints as to what's wrong.

Vladimir

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Does your Operator have the same time as the windows server?

Kerberos authentication sometimes doesn't work with some versions of Windows Server. Operator will automatically fallback to PLAIN authentication. You might want to enable it on the windows server.
Previous Topic: VM: Starting Kerio OS - since 1 hour... / findfs unable to resolve ...
Next Topic: Digium A8 card
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Dec 03 22:47:39 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00941 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.