Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Admin Access (Changing default Admin access)
  •  
dkrohn

Send a private message to this user
Is there any way of changing the default 'admin' account?
I would like to (1) change the default name from 'admin' to something else for security reasons. (2) remove rights such as 'connect via VPN'. While a strong password is of course good, it would make it much HARDER if a hacker had to guess both the username and the password. With a default username of 'admin' 50% of the security is already compromised.
  •  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

You can assign any user with read/write access to the administration. So you can assign a personalized user as an administrator, then delete the admin account. Otherwise, you can use MyKerio for remote management and then disable or remove the traffic rule for remote administration.

Brian Carmichael
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
pp

When I remove user Admin, Kerio message is: You cannot remove the user "Admin".

[Updated on: Fri, 01 July 2016 09:18]

•  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

Because you must login as a different user.

Brian Carmichael
  •  
pp

I'm login different user (full rights) and still i can't delete user Admin - message kerio: Your cannot remove the user "Admin". Maybe in the future version firmware Kerio Box add (unblocking) only option "change username" for account Admin.
  •  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

Yes you're right. I will see if we can do something about this.

Brian Carmichael
Previous Topic: certificate from Active Directory Certificate Services
Next Topic: PROPOSAL: security option for connection from new clinet
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Dec 04 17:17:35 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01102 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.