Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Migrating from windows to linux
  •  
matol

Send a private message to this user
Currently i have kerio connect on windows 2012r2, but i want to change to Debian base linux.
is this process only about full backup on win and restore on linux?
Thanks
  •  
Carsten Maas (Kerio)

In

kb.kerio.com/360

you should find all the answers

Carsten Maas
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer
Kerio Technologies

Kerio Deutschland youtube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/KerioDeutschland
  •  
matol

yes Smile

Firstly I´ve red this
ttp://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-connect/server-configuratio n/export-and-migration/transferring-an-installation-of-kerio -connect-to-another-server-or-operating-system-360
easy clear
Than i ´ve red this:
ttp://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-connect/virtual-appliance-l inux/joining-kerio-connect-running-on-linux-to-open-director y-or-active-directory-308
And this is issue. In current installation of Kerio, we don´t use connection co AD. I create every new user manually and Authentication method is windows Nt.
My question is: IF i use method backup from win and restore to Linux, Will new kerio work?
I have only 2 hours for migration, no time for mistake.
sorry i can´t post links
  •  
Will Mayall

I wrote the following post to make the migration process as step-by-step and quick as possible. I think the process is still the most efficient:

http://forums.kerio.com/m/106808/#msg_106808

I also moved to Linux:

http://forums.kerio.com/m/127607/#msg_127607

The move to Ubuntu running on EC2 has been extremely successful. Although it is certainly not the cheapest solution, I am happy with the move.

Will Mayall
  •  
Carsten Maas (Kerio)

According to Will's perfect step by step (Kudos for that, Will), 2 hours could be.....challenging

Carsten Maas
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer
Kerio Technologies

Kerio Deutschland youtube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/KerioDeutschland
  •  
Will Mayall

Thanks Carsten!

I agree that 2 hours of downtime is possible depending on the size of the mail store and performance of the system.

I strongly recommend doing a test run. Leave the current mail server running by skipping steps 3 and 5. You can then time how long it takes, test the results, and make sure the process works for you.

Will Mayall

[Updated on: Wed, 06 July 2016 17:37]

•  
Bud Durland

matol wrote on Wed, 06 July 2016 08:52
Currently i have kerio connect on windows 2012r2, but i want to change to Debian base linux.
is this process only about full backup on win and restore on linux?
Thanks

The primary drivers are the size of your mailstore, and your tolerance for downtime. After a certain mail store size, the documented Kerio method for moving the mail server is impractical.
  •  
matol

Thanks for advise.
I did test run and it took less than hour.
I installed fresh kerio and did restore, everything was fine, but i didn´t run server because of original server.
If i do new test run in separate network without internet, i still can´t check important things like connectivity to domain and creating new profile.
For testing i use virtualbox with nat ntwork

Previous Topic: Reminders appearing on other users' devices
Next Topic: Spam / No Spam button & False positives with antispam
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Dec 11 14:45:47 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01411 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.