Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Call pickup via BLF button on Cisco SPA504G (Can I use an extension line button as call pickup when call comes in?)
  •  
Philipp14

Send a private message to this user
I configured some BLF buttons for direct access to internal extensions (in the Cisco template in Operator), works great.

It is a small office, and people are underway frequently, so call pickup (*8) is a highly appreciated feature.
Use case:
Incoming call to ext 17, and I know the callee is not in the office.
I see the BLF button of line 17 flashing red.
I want to quickly pick that call, and intuitively I press the flashing button.

With the usual BLF button, this creates a new call to ext. 17, which is busy (because of the incoming call) --> it ends in a mess, and the incoming call has probably ended until we have cleared it up. :-/

--> Question: Is there a way to program such a dual-function BLF/pickup button on a Cisco phone?
I know that I can just put *8 or **17 on another BLF button. But I think it would be much more intuitive to have that functionality on the respective line button. And, it would save one of these reare buttons. (I think, it does not break any functionality, since I would probably not call 17 if 17 already has a call coming in.)

Any ideas?

[Updated on: Mon, 11 July 2016 11:15]

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

If you have used the prepared $blf array in the SPA template, then it should work just as you described.
You'll need to uncomment the last three lines (remove "<_at_>//") to enable directed call pickup.

<flat-profile>

<!-- Phone model: {$model} -->
@// Phone line buttons with BLF functionality configuration
@// mac    - HW address of the phone
@// button - phone button to configure (2, 3,... 12)
@// label  - label
@// ext    - extension or parking position to monitor (10, *501, ...)
@//
@// Please uncomment the following lines by removing '//' and modify them.
@
@ $blfs = array(
@//   array("mac" => "e8b74816172a", "button" => 2, "label" => "John",    "ext" => "11"),
@//   array("mac" => "e8b74816172a", "button" => 3, "label" => "Doe",     "ext" => "12"),
@//   array("mac" => "e8b74816172a", "button" => 4, "label" => "Parking", "ext" => "*501"),
@ );

@// To enable call pickup and one-touch transfers, uncomment the following options
@// <Attendant_Console_Call_Pickup_Code>**#</Attendant_Console_Call_Pickup_Code>
@// <BXfer_To_Starcode_Enable>Yes</BXfer_To_Starcode_Enable>
@// <BXfer_On_Speed_Dial_Enable>Yes</BXfer_On_Speed_Dial_Enable>

The button of the SPA should be configured with "fnc=blf+sd+cp;sub=17<_at_>$PROXY". If you press the blf button while the target extension is ringing(blinking), the phone will actually dial **17.
  •  
Philipp14

Ahhh, yes!! And works great! Smile
Should have read a few lines below before asking.
Thanks again!
Previous Topic: Setup
Next Topic: Kerio Operator and Yeastar TG 800
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Dec 03 22:50:13 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00460 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.