Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mark Emails from External Senders
  •  
SSSamS

Send a private message to this user
My boss just learned what malware is and decided he wants any emails that we receive from external (non-employee) senders to be marked in the body of the email. Something like the following:

----EXTERNAL SENDER----
[Followed by normal body of email]

Even though I think this is a silly response to the problem (and we have implemented better measures to protect ourselves), I promised I would investigate if this specific function is even possible with Kerio Connect.

So the question is, can I implement anything in Kerio that would add the custom text to the body of emails we receive? I see in message filtering where I can add custom headers or modify subjects, but I have not been able to figure out a way to modify the body of an email.

And if there are good reasons why this is a poor idea (like adding text to an HTML email without breaking the formatting of the original email), then please let me know those as well.

Thanks.
  •  
irow

No, Kerio does not have a feature that will allow you to modify the message body using specified rules. If you are using another MTA to relay mail to/from Kerio, you could use Mailscanner or something similar to do this.
  •  
Radek Sip (Kerio)

The modification of body is not possible for signed and/or encrypted messages. For the rest of messages, it can corrupt the formatting.

The Kerio Connect 9.x contains the new feature: server rules. With these filters (rules) you can modify subject, e.g. replace ${subject} with [External] ${subject} if the sender does not contain your domain name.
(WebAdmin -> Message Filters)

For more see http://kb.kerio.com/1831

[Updated on: Fri, 02 September 2016 14:53]

Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
Previous Topic: How to fix these errors ?
Next Topic: Error 1714 during upgrade
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Dec 03 22:46:44 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00937 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.