Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Can't receive emails from external domains and those emails never bounce back
  •  
hrivera

Send a private message to this user
Hi, I need help with this issue that is driving me insane. I've set up kerio connect integrated with an Active Directory domain. So far emailing is working between local users just fine, I can even send emails to external domains such as gmail and they are arriving ok as well. The problem is when I send from gmail, for instance, to my kerio account. I never get the email, and the email doesn't bounce back to my gmail account, so I can't get any feedback on what the error might be. I've set up my MX records and they should be working fine, I can telnet to port 25 on my server (220 sub.domain.example Kerio Connect 8.4.1 ESMTP ready), I can perform nslookups to my mailserver from an external domain and they also work fine. I've also forwarded port 25 on the firewall to the mail server.

Here's some more info about my network setup:

I'm in control of a domain (domain.example) and I have delegated a child domain (sub.domain.example) which is where I have the Kerio Connect server. That's what I meant when I said that nslookups from and external domain were working, I was trying them from domain.example. I'm relaying my SMTP on Kerio Connect to a mail server on the parent domain, but that is working because, as stated before, email sending is working fine.

If anyone can shed some light into this problem it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

[Updated on: Wed, 13 July 2016 16:35]

•  
clan

The debug log with smtp logging enabled should show any connection attempts from Gmail. This would at least help to confirm wether the problem is Kerio.
  •  
hrivera

It turns out the problem was due to the specifics to my particular setup. It's about the way my organization's main DNS servers are configured, I don't have access to those so after getting in contact with the administrators there they told me something that helped me clear out the issue. I should have asked them earlier but I didn't imagine the problem could originate there. Anyways, thanks for your reply. In fact I would like to know how to enable that logging. Is that something extra other than the logs accessible via the web administration, on the logs tab?
  •  
clan

The debug log is accessible from the logs tab. The context menu of the debug log allows you to select which debug messages are shown.
Previous Topic: Outlook Shared calendar reminder
Next Topic: Problem with Outlook 2007 / Contactlist in Public Folder
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Dec 04 17:15:29 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02935 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.