Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Bugs in 9.1 web client
  •  
McIrish

Messages: 225
Karma: 8
Send a private message to this user
I just updated our KC to 9.1. First off, I had no idea this update would take 30 minutes. Usually it can update in 5, so I got very nervous. And then it started popping up error messages. Then I noticed a second browser tab opened and was doing some data conversion. I have no idea what that was all about. It said it would take 17 hours and 5 minutes. It took about 20 minutes. Very scary.

In the web client, it is now showing hidden system folders. That can't be a good thing. End users are going to freak and delete them and then who knows what will happen.

I should have waited to hear reports from others. Stupid me.

Hidden sytem folders it now shows are:
_keriomapi_Store
_keriomapi_STORE_ROOT
BlackberryHandheldInfo
BlackberryCalSynceState
Conversation Action Settings

I also see the Conversation Action Settings folder in Outlook 2016.

This is going to be a real headache. I will open a support case. These are obviously bugs.

[Updated on: Thu, 14 July 2016 05:44]

  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Messages: 5144
Karma: 241
Send a private message to this user
McIrish wrote on Thu, 14 July 2016 05:28
I just updated our KC to 9.1. First off, I had no idea this update would take 30 minutes.


It is specifically mentioned in the Release notes document. The most important document we recommend to read before any upgrade.

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Technical support: http://www.kerio.com/support
------------------
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
Lukas Petrlik (Kerio)

Messages: 108
Karma: 7
Send a private message to this user
McIrish wrote on Thu, 14 July 2016 05:28

Hidden sytem folders it now shows are:
_keriomapi_Store
_keriomapi_STORE_ROOT

Is the filesystem folder name really "_keriomapi_Store" instead of "__keriomapi__STORE", and "_keriomapi_STORE_ROOT" instead of "__keriomapi__STORE_ROOT"? Notice the double underscores in the correct folder names. What is the contents of status.fld in these folders?
  •  
McIrish

Messages: 225
Karma: 8
Send a private message to this user
OK, it was late and my typing wasn't so good. The folders are:
__keriomapi__STORE
__keriomapi__STORE_ROOT
BlackBerryCalSyncState
Conversation Action Settings1

I'm not sure why they are there. I suspect it might be due to when we had a Balckberry BES server connected to KC years ago. I will open a support case.

Pavel,
Yes I'm an idiot for not reading the release notes closely this time. My mistake. I read the new features and wanted to jump on it.
  •  
perennialdesign

Messages: 111
Karma: 1
Send a private message to this user
Do you mind sharing your message store size please? I have two KC servers, one at 300GB, the other 250GB, and would like a sense of how long the upgrade will take.
  •  
perennialdesign

Messages: 111
Karma: 1
Send a private message to this user
As well, it would be practical for Kerio to provide approximate upgrade/conversion times based on message store sizes to temper KC admin expectations.
  •  
Lukas Petrlik (Kerio)

Messages: 108
Karma: 7
Send a private message to this user
What is the contents of status.fld in the __keriomapi__* folders? Or is the status.fld file missing there?
  •  
McIrish

Messages: 225
Karma: 8
Send a private message to this user
Hi Lukas,
I did open a support case so I don't want to confuse things but here is the status.fld

T100
G2baf9341-2a20-4903-ace7-8ec326fe29db
V4eac4bc0
U00000001
C00000001
M0
P0
I0
J0
D0
R0
N0
E0
S0
Z00000000
L00000257
K00000001
WIPF.Note
Y

Not all users are affected by this. It seems isolated.
  •  
McIrish

Messages: 225
Karma: 8
Send a private message to this user
perennialdesign wrote on Thu, 14 July 2016 08:33
Do you mind sharing your message store size please? I have two KC servers, one at 300GB, the other 250GB, and would like a sense of how long the upgrade will take.



Disk Storage in KC reports 457.3 GB for our domain store.
The update took a little over 30 minutes. The release notes state several minutes. The browser window popup during the upgrade said 17+ hours to finish. This is a Windows server so I'm used to inaccurate time estimates. Very Happy
  •  
perennialdesign

Messages: 111
Karma: 1
Send a private message to this user
Thanks for Sharing. Good luck squashing the bugs.
  •  
Lukas Petrlik (Kerio)

Messages: 108
Karma: 7
Send a private message to this user
McIrish wrote on Thu, 14 July 2016 16:10
T100
I had a suspicion that the folder type in status.fld might be wrong but I was not right Confused (it gets autocorrected on first open if the case arises).
  •  
McIrish

Messages: 225
Karma: 8
Send a private message to this user
The case was resolved by changing the T0 to T102 in a few different folders for various users. I had to stop the services and then restart after making the changes. Works fine now.
Previous Topic: Migrate Kerio from Linux to Windows
Next Topic: Mailstore Virus Scan
Goto Forum:
  


Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Dec 08 08:48:20 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01118 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.
Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.4.