Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » ADAT not recognizing callers on incoming calls (Wrong number format? Other ideas?)
  •  
Philipp14

Send a private message to this user
For incoming calls, UPC Austria seems to supply the caller's number in local format (i.e. without the country code), for instance "01xxxxxxx" for Vienna, instead of 00431xxxxxxx.

ADAT fails to find the corresponding number in Outlook contacts, and I assume it fails because we store numbers in international format, like +431xxxxxxx.

If you can confirm that the format is the reason, what it best practice to solve it?
I did not find an option in ADAT to make it more clever here.
Can I tell Operator to add the missing country code to the callers number only in case that number starts with a singe zero?

(I cannot cut the first digit and replace it by +43, as this would break international numbers.)

EDIT: ADAT does not seem to recognize the caller even if I store the number in local format in Outlook.
So the problem seems to be ADAT. It only shows the names associated with the internal extensions (which are not even in Outlook!).
But Outlook contacts do work for doing outgoing calls.

Any ideas?
Or is it better to use a commercial tool like Estos for instance?

Best, Philipp

[Updated on: Tue, 19 July 2016 21:49]

•  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

What's ADAT?

Regarding the question about the single zero, is this for outbound calls? If so, the solution would be to add an outbound route for a list of prefixes: 01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09
  •  
Philipp14

ADAT = Asterisk Dial and Announce Tool.
I found it on the Kerio tech specs web page - click on Third-Party Tools

My client is using Office365, so I need a connection to the contacts via Outlook, for displaying the name of incoming callers.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

You should ask ADAT. Storing phone numbers in the international format is a common technique. The tool should be able to do a substring search.
  •  
Philipp14

Thank You, Vladimir,

I ask in the ADAT forum. (I just thought anyone here might have an idea, since the tool is linked on the Kerio website.)

@the other thing:

No, it is regarding incoming calls.
The number of the caller, as we see it when a call comes in.
If it is a foreign caller, we see 004989xxxxxxx... (example Munich in Germany)
If it is a call from within Austria, we see 01xxxxxxx... (example Vienna)

I would have expected that all numbers are given in a uniform format, which can only be the international one, I supposed. So I had expected to see 00431xxxxxxx.

However, obviously, the local format is easier to read for a human on the phone display - so I like it, but I am not sure whether it is technically wise?

I am new to SIP, so maybe this is something common anyway. What is your opinion?
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

I agree with you that the behavior is not technically wise. As far as I know, only Austrian and German providers do that. They send local numbers in a short format, the rest of the world seems to use the international format either with 00 or +.

I have never used ADAT, but I recall seeing on their wiki, that they do support some number rewriting using regular expressions. If the rewriting also applies to inbound calls then you should be able to modify the numbers.

I don't know of any feature on the Operator side to help you with the matter.

Filip
Previous Topic: Intercept incoming call and execute something
Next Topic: [SOLVED]URL dial with browser
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Dec 09 16:22:06 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00904 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.