Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Setup Assistant failing to configure Outlook 2016 (Mac)
  •  
boy412

Send a private message to this user
I am trying to run the setup assistant to configure Outlook 2016 for Mac (15.24). I deselect all the other options (Messages, Calendar, etc) and only have Outlook selected. I am prompted for the password and it looks like it is going to work, but then I get a prompt from the installer that says "to configure Kerio Connect please close all dialogue windows in Outlook". Outlook is NOT running and if I click Continue I just get the same error again. If I click "Skip" the configuration fails.

The Connect server is running v9.0.4 Patch 1. This is a brand new install of Office 2016 on a brand new computer, running OS 10.11.6. Any ideas?

[Updated on: Wed, 27 July 2016 16:42]

•  
Carsten Maas (Kerio)

Check in the activity monitor of OSX (Utilities->Activity monitor), if maybe something is left open from Microsoft.

Carsten Maas
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer
Kerio Technologies

Kerio Deutschland youtube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/KerioDeutschland
  •  
Think Fixed

The culprit could be the Microsoft database daemon. You can also just manually set it up. When doing so, enter the server address as something like https://mail.yourdomain.com:443. After the setup, you will see the server address change to https://mail.yourdomain.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx. You will need to manually add the directory server in the advanced settings. This should be something like mail.yourdomain.com. Override the default port, and fill in 636 (unless you use a different port for secure LDAP). I don't even bother with the Kerio Account Assistant most of the time.

[Updated on: Tue, 26 July 2016 11:58]

Howie Isaacks
Systems Admin | Apple Solutions Consultant
Think Fixed LLC, Dallas and Fort Worth

www.thinkfixed.com
  •  
boy412

Carsten there is no other MS process running. I even tried a "safe boot" and the problem persisted.

Manual setup works but then I get a strange situation where I am prompted about an SSL certificate. Instead of just blindly trusting the cert my goal is to figure out WHY this is happening. Apparently running the assistant does something other than just configure the account settings in the application. At least that is what I have been told by the person who admins the mail server. I see something get added to the login keychain as part of the process.

I would also prefer to just bypass the assistant. I can step through a manual setup in a fraction of the time it takes to download the assistant, run it, etc. The only issue arises with MS Outlook 2016...and this particular situation seems to be unique to MY workstation.

I will probably end up calling support about this. I would really like to know where the setup script is getting stuck.
  •  
Think Fixed

The cert warning is likely because Outlook is looking for autodiscover.yourdomain.com. If you setup an autodisocver record in your DNS, that should solve the issue for you. It would be nice if Microsoft would give us the option NOT to look for autodiscover, but good luck getting them to actually be responsive.

Howie Isaacks
Systems Admin | Apple Solutions Consultant
Think Fixed LLC, Dallas and Fort Worth

www.thinkfixed.com
  •  
boy412

Ticket has been submitted to support. Will report back here if/when a solution is found.
  •  
Tribble77

Embarassed Hello boy412,

have you an answer to your ticket? I have the same problem.

When I set up the account manually, the folder names are in English and not in German.

Inbox and not "Posteingang"

Can this set somewhere that the folder names are displayed in German?

Thank you.
Previous Topic: Error 1714 during upgrade
Next Topic: Kerio Connect 8 (debian + Ubuntu) Installation Errors
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Dec 11 10:56:49 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01915 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.