Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Active Directory Extension default mail address
  •  
MartinMutabor

Send a private message to this user
When activating the eMail account of an AD User either through the Kerio Connect Webinterface or through the AD itself, the Kerio AD Extension will always create a default Mailaddress, based on the sAMAccountname. Can I change or delete this standard mailaddress?

Changing the attributes in the mapping files or in the attribute editor doesn't change the fact, everybody in the domain will always be able to see this standard mail address as the default contact address in addition to the "alias" which itself is supposed to become the standard.

I was trying to work around that issue by fiddling with the mapping settings, resulting in nothing. I suggest the problem lies somewhere else?

Any help and suggestions appreciated a lot!

Best
Martin

EDIT: The AD accounts of our company are all named with the first letter of their first name and the whole surname (fsurname). The goal is to give them mail addresses in the form of firstname.surname. Unfortunately kerio automatically keeps one default address with fsurname@domain.net and an alias firstnam.surname<_at_>domain.net. To change that, I already went through the remapping suggestions in this forum, succeeding in the new formatted mail addresses. But after that, the users weren't able to login to their mailaccounts anymore. So i suggest Kerio always tries to authenticate the user via the Name variable, which in this case is a remapped alternation, hence beeing unable to login. Is it possible to work around that?

[Updated on: Wed, 27 July 2016 11:14]

•  
Tobias

Hello,

i have the same Problem.
Default Mailadress: <username>@<domain>
We need: <firstname>.<lastname>@<domain>

All Users work with Outlook and always they make send as <firstname>.<lastname>@<domain>

Regards
Tobias

•  
Radek Sip (Kerio)

The article below contains some information how to map different name from AD, I hope it will help you.
http://kb.kerio.com/171

Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
Previous Topic: don't transfer messages with KIMT from Mdaemon to KMS 9.1.1
Next Topic: Preview of booking informations
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Dec 02 20:46:37 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05589 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.