Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Migrate Kerio from Linux to Windows
  •  
teamsystem

Send a private message to this user
Hi

At the Moment we are running Kerio 8.5.1 on RHEL 5.11.

I need to evaluat Kerio Migration from RHEL to Windows 2012R2. Has anybody done this already and could provide best practice?

We are also planning to upgrade to latest Kerio (9.1). Can this OS Change and Upgrade be done in one step or should I first migrate to Kerio 8.5.1 on Windows and after this upgrade to latest available Kerio? Has anybody any experience in this?

Many thanks in advance

Regards,
Daniel
  •  
Bud Durland

Lots of discussion of this topic in these forums. I think the general option is to migrate the OS using the same version of KC, then perform the upgrade. For smaller data stores where some downtime can be tolerated, using the Kerio backup and KMSRecover tools are the preferred method for migrating the data. For larger mail stores, some creative use of RSYNC or RoboCopy may be in order.
  •  
ksnyder (KERIO)

Hi Teamsystem,

Welcome to Kerio - I notice this is your first post to the forums. I'd kindly ask you to please search Kerio's robust knowledge base (http://kb.kerio.com) in order to familiarize yourself with the best ways to accomplish many common tasks associated with all of our products.

In this case, I think http://kb.kerio.com/360 will help you migrate your Kerio Connect server to another OS.

Kind Regards,
Ken Snyder

[EDIT] Also, as Bud mentions (while I was crafting my response), there are lots of discussions about this topic on the forums already and his suggestions may be helpful to you.

[Updated on: Wed, 27 July 2016 18:29]

Ken Snyder
Director, Sales Engineering | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
Previous Topic: Kerio Autodiscover issue
Next Topic: Bugs in 9.1 web client
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Dec 09 16:23:14 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00833 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.