Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Softphone dials emergency services when extension 112 is called
  •  
bradleyland

Send a private message to this user
Our dial plan allocates extensions in the range 100-199 as user extensions. One of our users has the extension 112, which conflicts with an emergency number that is common in European countries. When I dial 112 from Kerio Softphone, my phone dials emergency services (same as 911). This has happened to me twice now, and it is causing considerable issues with emergency services in our area. All of my softphone users are at risk for unintentionally calling emergency services.

Is it possible to disable this functionality? The standard for emergency services in the United States is 911, not 112.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Does the softphone switch to native dialer and does it dial over the cellular network?
  •  
bradleyland

Some quick environment info that might be useful:

Device: iPhone 6 / iOS 9.3.3
Softphone: Kerio Operator Softphone v 3.6.2000 build 33270.33804

Vladimir Toncar (Kerio) wrote on Tue, 02 August 2016 13:41
Does the softphone switch to native dialer...

Yes. The screen changes to the iOS dialer when the call is made.

Vladimir Toncar (Kerio) wrote on Tue, 02 August 2016 13:41
.. and does it dial over the cellular network?

Yes, the call is made over the cellular network. The callback from emergency services comes in to my cellphone number and the call to 112 appears in my cellular call history.

[Updated on: Tue, 02 August 2016 19:50]

•  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

The softphone application has the numbers 911 and 112 hard-coded and if they are dialled, the app switches to the native dialler. I will ask Counterpath (the supplier of the app) if there is a chance to auto-provision the list of emergency numbers.

Meanwhile, the only solution is to leave 112 out of of your numbering plan.
  •  
bradleyland

Gotcha, thanks for looking in to this, Vladimir. Good luck with Counterpath! Smile
Previous Topic: bad sound quality
Next Topic: [solved]Kerio Operator with XLite and VPN
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Dec 03 22:46:55 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00951 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.